Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824590
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Hunting Vehicle
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Here’s my next hunting truck. Price at the moment is US$150,000 - US$180,000…now all I gotta do is win a BIG Lottery. Very Happy Very Happy Cool

Ripsaw

For those who can’t access Feacesbook Embarassed sorry…Facebook, here is a shorter video…

Most Obnoxious Vehicle

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

HELL YES!!!! cant actually think of a place I could use it...but oh so much good/bad a bout that...... bags not be the one to fix it when chuck a track out in back of boonies,or pay the fuel maintainence bill....and the dogs are looking at me asking where they are supposed to sit???

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Roos...If you can't shoot-em. You can at least run them down.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
HELL YES!!!! cant actually think of a place I could use it...but oh so much good/bad a bout that...... bags not be the one to fix it when chuck a track out in back of boonies,or pay the fuel maintainence bill....and the dogs are looking at me asking where they are supposed to sit???

Tracks are hard work, but easy to refit mate. Not exactly sure how and where the track separates on the Ripsaw, but on tanks and Armoured Personnel Carriers you can break the track at any link. They have a grease filled hydraulic cylinder on the rear idler pulley that you release to take the tension off the track. Metal (cast iron) tracks are damn heavy to replace, but the rubber ones would be much lighter and easier.

Fuel wouldn’t be an issue in a diesel, and they make mention of a locomotive style diesel electric which would be cheaper again.

They make a four seater enclosed cabin that would be great for the mutleys to sit in comfort…also a “stores” type carrier with an open back if the mutleys keep on farting Fart Fart Bonk Bonk Laughing Laughing

Roos are far too easy to shoot Bushy…the buggers just sit there and look at you…until you get too close, then they take off like a blue-ars3d fly. I suppose you could run them down, but then you’d have a mess to clean up throughout the tracks and suspension. Mad

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

There's a few of them here in my State... including the one used in the second GI Joe movie. They look cool but have loads of problems, specifically the brake system. They usually run big Diesel motors.

They look cool but in practicality, IDK where it would ever be useful to use. I'm on the search for a decent priced 1970s/1980s Bombardier Bombi BR100.

They used to be 6k a couple years ago but its hard to find one for under 10k. I want one of those for where its deep snow down to a mix of snow / dirt that the snowmobiles cant run on.

-DallanC
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

DallanC wrote:
There's a few of them here in my State... including the one used in the second GI Joe movie. They look cool but have loads of problems, specifically the brake system. They usually run big Diesel motors.

They look cool but in practicality, IDK where it would ever be useful to use. I'm on the search for a decent priced 1970s/1980s Bombardier Bombi BR100.

They used to be 6k a couple years ago but its hard to find one for under 10k. I want one of those for where its deep snow down to a mix of snow / dirt that the snowmobiles cant run on.

-DallanC

Bombardier Bombi BR100 is a looking unit Dallan. How would it go in Summer when it’s just dirt? From what I could see, the tracks have metal growsers and ribs, so they shouldn’t wear too much, so they should be good.

The price of quads and side by side ATV’s has gone through the roof over here because the Government has insisted (legislated) that all have “roll over protection” is fitted. This is because of the idiots that race around paddocks at a hundred mph and wonder why they tip over and anybody on the machine are either badly injured or killed. These vehicles were never intended or designed for this type of speed or riding, hence the prangs.

The major (Japanese) manufacturers have now stopped sending quads, both 2WD and 4WD to Australia because of the new rules. Companies like Polaris, Can-Am and numerous Chinese manufacturers are still sending quads and Side by Side units, but the price is eye-watering.
Kawasaki bring commercial units like the Mule in, but you need to mortgage your house to buy one, and there are a couple of other commercial brands that come in, but again, very expensive.
The Can-Am 6x6 looks very interesting, but it would be incredibly expensive.

Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

when I look at those prices...its 2/3rdsof a new ute or twice price of a sit on 4wheel bike...they do twice as much as a bike and 2/3rds of what a ute does...so in reality the price sits about right...very popular on big stations as can tow trailer full of working dogs or put them in dogbox on back...chuck in 10 dogs at 25-30kgs each and its a hell of a payload .
like many of lifes toys....great if you have the spare $$$$
shanks pony will have to keep doing it for me.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

“Elvis” wrote:
… shanks pony will have to keep doing it for me.

Unfortunately my days of “riding” shanks pony are long gone mate, especially over rough ground or in the hills. I have a cheap and nasty Chinese 250cc 2WD quad that I’ve setup for “trickling” around the paddocks at hunting speed, and it can handle the hills ok, so that’s it for me these days.

I would be happy to actually use a horse instead of the quad, but it would necessitate trailering the horse by horse float, which would be a pain. Plus, I’d have to condition the horse to the noise of a firearm and work out a way of getting on and off with my mongrel knees.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Stepstool and a piece of rope so you can pull it up.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Aloysius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Last year I bought a Segway Fugleman, but till now I didn't use it very often. My old Nissan Navara still gives me all I want or need most of the time. But this can change very soon when we can hunt more wild boar overhere and we have to recover them from difficult spots, then my "tractor" will be of great help.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Stepstool and a piece of rope so you can pull it up.

A good idea mate…but Tricia said yesterday…NO HORSES! The cost of a suitable horse, tack, saddle, float, agistment and supplement feeds is way too high for the little use I would get from a horse. Plus, with my big butt I’d probably need a draught horse, and they are expensive and a lot of work.

On top of that, I saw a draught horse arc up on an Army parade at the sound of the bagpipes, Confused wtf near on took out about 50 soldiers, Very Happy Very Happy so I couldn’t imagine how he’d go with a firearm…no thank you.

I like the unit Aloys has…but the starting price for one of them out here is AUD$24,990 Shocked so that’s out of the equation.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

The bombi is for winter. and the transition into / out of winter.

My problem is the places I need to go... I dont know if the road itself is covered in snow, or exposed dirt... or a mix of both... until I get there.

Snowmobiles dont like dirt, atvs dont like the snow. Bombi goes over all of it.

Come summer... its all atvs and utvs.

A increasingly popular option here is track kits for atvs and utvs. They are hella-expensive though, require big motors to turn all of that mass and can still get stuck in really fluffy snow.

-DallanC
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

They are outstanding looking machines Dallan. As for power, it can be boosted with an engine swap. If they can fit a Hayabusa engine to a small car, it can be done to an ATV or side by side…just imagine 130 or more horsepower on tap…WOOHOO. Misc The Wave

Aloysius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Vince, the Fugleman is supposed to have 105 hp... it sure 'drinks' enough and on the recent fuelprices...
and I'm still old school: alcohol is for the hunter, not for his car... it's supposed to drink your harvested game death, but it's not expected that your car joins you for this tradition...
so for my side-by-side or even my sawing machines or my mowing machines NO 10 % alcohol in their fuel! Something has to stay sober Smile
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting Vehicle Reply with quote

Aloysius wrote:
Vince, the Fugleman is supposed to have 105 hp... it sure 'drinks' enough and on the recent fuelprices...
and I'm still old school: alcohol is for the hunter, not for his car... it's supposed to drink your harvested game death, but it's not expected that your car joins you for this tradition...
so for my side-by-side or even my sawing machines or my mowing machines NO 10 % alcohol in their fuel! Something has to stay sober Smile

I don’t like the idea of any alcohol in petrol (that’s just me)…although a pure methanol fuel in a race vehicle is good.

Also, I punched in the incorrect horsepower figure for the Hayabusa…it’s actually 190hp, not 130hp…60hp more grunt and fun.

Sage words Aloys…I’m all for that once the shooting is finished for the day. There’s nothing better than sitting around the “bush TV” (fire) after a good day hunting, telling one another hunting lies and enjoying a few beers or spirit of choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 2