Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824089
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Call Give away??? DRAWING COMPLETE!!!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yotehntr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Call Give away??? DRAWING COMPLETE!!! Reply with quote

Well I was sitting here trying to think of a way to introduce myself... for starters I'm Brad Gainey, from Murfreesboro TN. I am pretty much a coyote hunting fanatic. I usually don't hunt anything else... but my daughter went and got married...my SIL said he wanted to take up deer hunting sooo for him I'll get back into it... at least taking him. ;)... probably buying him a gun... and what ever else it takes. LOL As long as he takes good care of my girl he's my hero. Smile Well I got into coyote hunting so much that I got to looking at my calls and thought to myself... heck I could make that!... (that's been a few years now).. sooo to introduce myself (and my work) I figure I'll show a few pics of my fancy calls, and give away one of my "field grades".. As far as the give away here are my rules...

1st... you have to actually hunt with it... (seems reasonable huh?) I don't want to give it to someone that's just going to put it on a shelf, or just wants to win something.

2nd... when you get it, I'd like to hear something back here in this thread of what you think of it... I'm pretty sure you'll like it, but heck I'd like to hear it!

3rd... To enter you have to post something in this thread... I don't care what... "nice call" .... "count me in".. honestly just post in this thread and you're in!

4th.... On the day of the drawing you have 24 hours to claim your prize... I'll draw again if I don't hear from you in this thread or by pm... (I've actually done this before but it was 48 hours)..

5th... not a requirement though... when you call one in and kill it... it'd make my day to hear about it... just feels like I went hunting with you, and I'd appreciate it.

6th... and final I will draw the names myself on Sat.... Dec. 4th... I've had winners offer to pay shipping... very nice, but I'll cover it myself. This is actually one of the funnest things about being a call maker. Sooo what the heck are you waiting for??? Post something!!!

Soo 1st off the call that I'm giving away... now this is just one of my field grade calls, I'll show some pics of my higher end calls too.... This one is from some wood I cut myself... Black Walnut barrel, it's carrying an oil/wax finish, more of a satin look that the pic shows though... the toneboard (mouth pieces) is turned on a lathe, and hand cut by myself... I don't use molded toneboards they are all natural materials (antler, buffalo horn, and Ivory...wood to sometimes).. they are CA finished.. a very hard durable finish.. believe me you don't want to taste antler, horn, or ivory.... yuck!!! Well here it is,

Here are some of my high end calls.... These are long gone, already bought paid for and shipped. They carry a CA finish buffed and polished to a high gloss. (But I can make more)

This one has an Amboyna burl barrel with an Elk antler bead (left some natural edge... I just like it that way)... the toneboard is antler too.

This is about as good as it gets... the barrel is from "Honduran Rosewood burl"... the bead is from Hippo Ivory, and the toneboard is from Warthog tusk Ivory... One of my buddies that bought one told me I want one with all the critters! LOL

This one's barrel is from "Spalted Hackberry" it put me in mind of a bobcaats belly .. the bead is from Buffalo horn, as is the o-ring fitted toneboard.

Last edited by Yotehntr on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

they look great and Im sure they sound good too
welcome aboard grab one of Vinces beer to wet your lips pull up a stump and sit awhile.

Yotehntr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

New Zealand???? you have coyotes there?... I didn't think ya'll had any predators. LOL Thanks for your compliment though! ... I'm more of an 'ol TN Whiskey man myself though... I'm sitting here with by ol bud George as we speak. Wink
gelandangan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

nice call.
It will be great if we at oz allowed to import wood stuff.
It will be great to try to use with fox.
Oh well, hope someone talkative win this.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

When you think it can work on foxes, that would be great. Maybe foxes also like imported things? Smile
I live in a part of a country where any help to hunt foxes is welcome. Our government is making that very difficult and it takes long time for them to recognize the influence of such an attitude on our small game (and the farmer's ducks and chickens).

Can we somewhere hear your call in action?
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Welcome aboard (TN)Yotehntr...as Elvis said, pull up a stump mate and help yourself to a beer. Can't help you with a TN Whisky mate...haven't come across any...yet. Laughing As a true blue Aussie, I enjoy a good beer...don't matter where its from, so long as its good. Having said that, I also enjoy a nice Single Malt Scotch Whisky (I was spoiled in Scotland). So mate, whatever your tipple, take the weight off and relax awhile.

Your handiwork is magnificent...can't remember the last time I saw a piece of wood look that nice. No 'yotes out here in Australia so I'll just sit back with a beer and watch the proceedings...there are plenty of 'yote hunters here. Make sure you stick your head into the Varmint Hunting section mate...you will be welcomed with open arms.

Aloys wrote:
I live in a part of a country where any help to hunt foxes is welcome.

Aloys...over here in Australia we whistle foxes in...have a look on the internet...there are a number of sites dedicated to fox whistling. I have an Aussie fox whistle and it works a treat...have even seen guys make one out of a tin can lid, and that also worked brilliantly.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Vince, I do have some calls for foxes, I even used the electronic calls (which we are not longer allowed to use), but foxes are very smart... and maybe... when we hear a female funny accent in a bar, aren't we immediatly more than interested? Smile
When I go for dove, I think 'dove'. When I go for rabbits, I think like a rabbit (and whistle as a carrot). Same for roedeer or crows or ... you can only succeed when you're more clever than your prey (or have more luck). And the one who tried the most is most likely the most clever: old flemish wisdom Smile
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

So true Aloys.

Fox may be clever mate...but the Fox Whistles out here fool them every time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUhK0yVAENU

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

(TN)Yotehntr wrote:

3rd... To enter you have to post something in this thread...

"Something"

(Does that mean I'm entered?)

Seriously, you make some great looking calls. Do you sell them or just give 'em away?

Oh yeah, Welcome aboard!

Yotehntr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Razz Well sounds like I'll get along pretty well here! Thanks for the welcome, and the compliments...

Aloysius wrote:

Can we somewhere hear your call in action?
I have a little tutorial on my homepage... for folks just learning to call you can down load it and burn it to a cd...that way you can practice in your car on the way to work... keeps you in good standing with the wife that way. Wink CLICK HERE just click on "tutorial" at the right. I do sell calls, I'm a bit behind on orders right now, there is also a prices link and many pics of my calls. I kind of hesitate to just put a sound file in... everyone seems to sound a bit different especially on the open reed styles. So what I'll say is this is me on one of my open reed calls and the style I call with. Click here to listen
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Those are some great looking calls! I've always admired good woodworking, my Dad used to so some.

I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences and opinions on 'yote guns, cartridges, bullets, tactics, etc. Its something I'd like to get in to.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Grumulkin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

What sound do your calls replicate? Wounded rabbit, wounded blue jay or what?
Yotehntr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Some folks can do bird distress on 'em (I'm not to good at that...really haven't tried) but rabbit distress (cotton tail, snow shoe, & Jack) fawn distress. Also pup barks/howls and ki-yi's.
Dawgdad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Sign me up! I am a bit of a call junkie and am always looking for a new sound to add to my lanyard. Real nice work Brad. If they sound as good as they look .... winner winner chicken dinner!

I am more of a field grade user- like my rifles - all matt finish synthetic stocks throw it in the mud dont worry about babying it tools of the trade.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Whiskey? Did I hear someone say "whiskey"??

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 4