Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824587
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Colorado Hunting Ban
By Popular Demand: Discussions related to Varmint Hunting
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NASA
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

There is a sticky posted by coyotehunter1 at the top of this Forum, but it doesn't begin to list the ways this ban can affect hunter in other States. Let me give you some more details.

The animal "rights" activists are trying to push a proposal thru the CO Wildlife Commission to ban prairie dog hunting. This is just insane and nothing more than an attempt to chip away at "everyones" hunting rights. Whether you come to CO to hunt or not, this is an attack on all hunters.

We need your support and you can help. You don't need to be a CO resident to voice your opposition to this proposed ban.

Everyone needs to understand that this isn't about politics, Pdogs, or Colorado. Its about the loss of hunting rights. When one of us loses that right, we ALL are the loser. The ARA's are in league with the anti-gun activists. Banning hunting is their way of eroding away just one more reason to possess a gun, as we are entitled to under the Second Amendment.

The ban is worded so that not just Pdogs are affected. The ban covers all "small game not listed as game animals or fur-bearers".

Another item buried in their ban is a stepping stone to ban the use of lead bullets.

Please don't sit back and think, "This doesn't affect ME”, or “It won't happen HERE!" The folks in CO used to think it would never happen to them, and now it has.

Your support will be noticed by the CO Wildlife Commission. Hunters pay their salaries! Out of State hunters are a very important commodity to the State of Colorado. Non-res hunter licenses, fees, tags, food, lodging, guides, outfitters, and equipment, brings in $1.7M in annual revenue. Because you are a Non-Res makes you even more significant than a CO resident like me. Go to our petition web site and read some of the comments from the signers. Be sure to sign it, and make your own comments known. www.finsandfuroutdoors...&Itemid=48 ..... They are from all over the U.S.!!

Even the NRA is opposed to this hunting ban. www.nrahuntersrights.org/

There is an email form-letter to the Commissioners that you can sign and send off to them, stating your opposition to this hunting ban. See the sticky here: forum.gofoxpro.com/vie...php?t=4299

Our undertaking is just a grass roots effort by a bunch of rat shooters who are trying to Save Our Sport, and in the process, protect your hunting rights, as well. There isn't much time left. The hearing is May 1st in Grand Junction, CO. Won't you please help us?

Thanks.

~ NASA
coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

Thank you, NASA
I know some of you may have questions.
I invited NASA to come to Hunting Nut because he is one of the primary persons working to stop the ban. I hope his post will help give you a much better perception of the overall situation if this ban passes.

Folks, this is some serious "stuff" here, it affects us all.
Please help… your hunting grounds could be next.

Chet
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

I signed your petition.

coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

Quote::
I signed your petition.

Thank you !!!

NASA
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

We will have to take the petition down on the 28th so we can bring it to the hearing. Don't forget to ask your friends to sign too. Thanks for everyones support.

~ NASA
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

I signed it...as an aussie too.

What the antis do to you guys will eventually filter down to us here in Australia as well.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
English Mike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

I signed it as I'm a current holder of a Colorado hunting licence.

These "animal rights" types are completely detached from reality & don't care about the knock on effect of their idiotic campaigns. Mad
coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

Update: 5-2-08

I just got back into town. I couldn't get internet service at the Motel 6 I was at. This is my first post on the results.
It was unanimous. 9-0 defeat. www.gjsentinel.com/new...ssion.html

We kicked azzzz!!

The crowd was overflowing. They opened a divider to an ajoining room for the overflow crowd. The State was not expecting that large of a turnout. Traditionally, the anti's have very little opposition at these meetings.

There was between 120-130 people in attendance. About 8-10 were wearing the ARA stickers. The rest were there to defeat the Pdog ban.

The "Guardians" had 3 speakers (including their lawyer), who tried their hardest to elicit tears and compassion from a room full of cattle ranchers, sheep ranchers, hunting outfitters and guides, wheat, corn, and alfalfa farmers, trappers, land owners, and a sh!tt load of dedicated (and determined) varmint hunters. Speaking in opposition to the ban were at least 3 representatives from each of the above groups.

The ARA's were totally unprepared for such a show of force. Every one of their lofty "arguments" was repudiated with facts and data. Their contention that the "majority" of citizens of CO support the PD ban was blown out of the water when we presented 3 different stacks of signed petitions, demanding defeat of the ban, amounting to almost 8,000 signatures! They apparently didn't think they needed evidence of their "support", as they had no signatures to present. They were flat on their back!

Three TV station camera crews were there to "capture the drama". Two newspaper reporters were there as well. There were GJ Police posted at every door, and there were at least 10-12 uniformed (and armed) CDOW wardens and officers monitoring the crowd. I don't know what, or who, prompted them to supervise the event with such a display of firepower. Everyone was on their best behavior. The City and CDOW LEO's were visibly supportive of the effort to defeat the ban. Very possibly a few PD shooters behind those badges!

This is an excellent example of what we can do! There was no "leader" or "organizer" responsible for the overall effort. The stockmen organized themselves, as did the farmers, hunters, and outfitters. Can you imagine the impact we could have as a unified front? This was a "team" effort, in every sense of the word.

I'm grateful for the support and cooperation in fighting this battle. And it is just 1 battle in the war against any and all who would try to destroy our sport and way of life.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Hunting Ban Reply with quote

That is great news coyotehunter_1, and an awesome win on the part of the hunters and their supporters.

Party Group Party The Wave Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting
Page 1 of 1