Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824075
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

putting my neck on the chopping block
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:16 am    Post subject: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Ok here we go mods delete this or ban me if you like but I'm one of those guys that seems to start controversial threads sometimes. Not looking for a shit fight just interested in your experiences. So here we go since this is a global event that's happening have any of you been to a mandate protest. My wife and I are going to wellington tomorrow night for the weekend. We are going to see for our selves what is actually going on there as there's so many different stories floating around and then we can speak from experience. We aren't scared we aren't going to abuse people and we aren't going to take part in any voilence we are purely going out of curiosity and we also love an adventure...any one game to have a civil discussion or share your experiences?
Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

keep it civil and you wont have trouble from me.....

we can agree to disagree and still respect another persons point of view and thier right to hold it..within reason....

I have seen the mandates stuff up a lot of things for a lot of people and businesses....and now omicron is out and spreading fast,they seem kind of pointless anymore,which David S has been saying for some time....
however,at heart I am a rule follower,so continue to toe the line.....
life is just so much simpler that way.

Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

I'm just interested in what's going on in the different country's as its getting bigger and bigger. Will report back after weekend..
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

As I've said before, the whole "pandemic" thing is so political that we really have no way to determine what the truth is. COVID is real but the situation has absolutely been taken advantage of by those seeking power. It is impossible for me to believe that the death rate in the US, with all of it's medical capabilities, is 950 times China's death rate, and 8 times India's. This is according to the latest numbers I found, which I simply don't trust.

Mask mandates appear to be nothing but a "feel good" show. I was at Disney World recently and you were required to wear a mask any time you were indoors. However, you could stand in line with hundreds of people outside and didn't need one.

Since I retired I really haven't has to deal with any vaccine mandates, but I would have a problem with that. New cases in the US shot up to 3 times what they were a year ago, despite the vaccines. At least part of that is more frequent testing, which has it's own problems. If you can't persuade people that the benefits outweigh the risks (and there are always risks when you inject chemicals into your body) then I don't think you should force them to take the shot. If you believe the shot works, and you've taken it, then why force someone else to do it?

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Mask?? We're suppose to wear a mask? It's not halloween yet!

And I'm not about to either.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Canada's situation shows you how bad this situation has gone. Trudeau could have easily been a hero by going down and talking with the truckers and lifting the mandate which other countries are finally having the common sense to do. Instead, he ran from the situation and turned into a tyrant. Their government has shut down the truckers' donations, going after those who donated, and police are now confiscating the truckers' wood they use to keep warm with.

What a f***ing mess!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Masks ... they are now finding that wearing a mask is interfering with speech development in kids because they can't see how the mouth is used to create speech. I mostly wear a mask even if it helps just a little but have learned how much it helps to see someone's lips as they speak, especially when there is background noise.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Loke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

What the police and other government employees need to remember is that they are pawns being played by the ruling elite. They will soon be tossed aside when they are no longer useful. These protests are being held to protect THEIR rights as well. Instead of suppressing the protests, they should be joining them.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
keep it civil and you wont have trouble from me.....

we can agree to disagree and still respect another persons point of view and thier right to hold it..within reason....

I’m with you Elvis…keep it civil and “live and let live”. Any discussion needs to be kept non-confrontational and non-aggressive without any abuse directed at others.

“Punkin” wrote:
As I've said before, the whole "pandemic" thing is so political that we really have no way to determine what the truth is. COVID is real but the situation has absolutely been taken advantage of by those seeking power.

Agree totally mate…it has become nothing more than a money making venture by, as you say, those seeking power…especially Big Pharma. The truth has now been buried so deep in bullsh1t it will never be found.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
I’m with you Elvis…keep it civil and “live and let live”. Any discussion needs to be kept non-confrontational and non-aggressive without any abuse directed at others.

And what do you do with the other side doesn't let you live? Even makes you lose your livelyhood for their beliefs all while putting out false information to push their agenda?

Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Slim..that is the fly in ointment....yes some businesses are doing it hard and may fold.thats not what the protests are about, its the no jab,no job (which Cinders said would never happen) I know people personally who have refused to get jabbed and are out of work because of it....now with utmost respect I CAN see thier point of view BUT also see it has been a CHOICE they have decided to make...they knew what would happen and chose to go ahead anyway.
where this will get really interesting is when I am asked to pick up slack for un vaxxed person as they cant go here or there due to thier lifestyle choice....

I predict this will all have blown over a lot sooner than we think.we nearly hit 2000 cases today,will do tomorrow,only one in intensive care.
time will tell.
lets hope we all around to see results.

also Slim...you could well flip your last bit on its head..businesses in our capitol are not getting any work/customers due to the protests on the door step.
who is to know which bit is true or faulse??? again only time will tell.

I started year with pledge to self...not to tolerate crap and not going along with tinfoil hat wearers for sake of peace...I will walk away rather than enguage... just...so...over....it ...all.

slimjim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Unvaccinated US Healthcare workers did their jobs in their hospitals for the first 18 months of COVID without issue, then they were terminated for not taking the vaccine when hospitals were already short-staffed making the situation worse.

Now we know for a fact that a vaccinated person can spread COVID and come down with COVID just like an unvaccinated person.

So, when the vaccinated healthcare workers came down with COVID, it was ok for them to continue to work with symptoms, if they just wore a mask ... but it wasn't ok for a healthy unvaccinated person to remain a healthcare worker.

The vaccination effort for children is insane. COVID is not a risk to them unless they have complicating factors the most significant being obesity. Of the children 12 to 15 that have been hospitalized, over 60% are morbidly obese (data from the CDC website). The death rate for children with COVID is a fraction of 1%. The flu is a bigger health risk for infants than COVID.

Yes the protest can hurt businesses, but they are already being hurt from our government's action. So, I ask again, what option does a person have left when the other side doesn't let you live?

Loke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

"Put this in your body or we will take away your livelihood and ability to participate in society."

Is this a choice?
Is this sovereignty over ones own body?
Is this freedom and liberty?

What is next?

Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

Slim im 180cm/6foot talland 115-120kgs which makes me obese.
90%of the All Blacks are morbidly obese according to the charts.....

cause like everything else,facts can be twisted to suit agenda...obesity is a measure of weight Vs height and doesnt take in anything else.

but yip fat folks WILL have breathing dificulties more than non fat folk.so an illness that effects breathing WILL effect them more.

inorder to have this discussion remain CIVIL...questioning the sanity of others options/choices HAS TO BE LEFT OUT.... period, no wiggle room.... doesnt matter what side of fence you stand or if you straddling it with your dangly bits hovering over the barbed wire..YOU CANNOT allow emotions into discussion or it will turn into a pooh slinging match .

if a parent decides its a good choice to have thier child jabbed... that is thier choice....and they should not be ridiculed for it,they are after all following medical advice to try to keep the wee squealers safe....
conversly ifthey decide not to do so...that is also thier choice...
I personally know a family whos child died because they refused to allow doctors to administer antibiotics.....some would call that murder by neglect.
others call it a lifestyle choice.
Im triple jabbed,still working and happy.
I do not appreciate others trying to tell me Im dumb because of that....
some folks just cant let it go,you make your choice,you live with consequences' ..... what these protests are about is the forcing businesses to be closed during lockdowns....have crazy small amount of customers allowed inside....and the poor management of rules when we were locked down...this business was allowed to trade online,the next wasnt.
I personally believe the govt here made right balls up of things,and now we past point of stopping virus spreading its time to just get on with life,they know the healthcare system is not up to task,they have underfunded it for years... so its same as lowering speed limit rather than fixing the pothole or blind corner....... control the people not the problem.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: putting my neck on the chopping block Reply with quote

“Elvis” wrote:
… doesnt matter what side of fence you stand or if you straddling it with your dangly bits hovering over the barbed wire…

wtf wtf wtf Shocked Shocked Shocked

I agree with what you have said mate.

Slim, if the other side doesn’t let you live, you have to take each situation on its merits mate. Our Govt down here has made some very questionable choices regarding lockdowns and which businesses were allowed to remain open. The way I look at it is, they are doing their best in what is a very new, unknown and fluid pandemic. I ask myself…what would I do if I was in charge? I don’t really know mate.

As for the anti-vaxxers and anti-mandaters…I can agree to disagree with them. I didn’t, and still don’t, trust these vaccines, but I had no choice other than to get the jab if I wanted to be able to continue with my life with some sort of normality. My Dr summed it up for me…he said listen to the scientists and Doctors when it comes to getting information on the vaccines…not the protestors on Facebook. Admittedly this is changing, with more and more educated experts joining the throngs of those that are anti-jab and want the mandates removed. However, I still don’t really know who to believe.

I think a strong watering down of mandates is the answer, and let Mother Nature do what she does best…let the body deal with this virus and hopefully build an immunity and hopefully a herd immunity. We just don’t know how long this will take and what the cost will be in human life etc. interesting that we don’t hear any stats from China and whether or not any of the hierarchy, especially the CCP leaders, have been infected.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2