HuntingNut
HuntingNut
   Login or Register
HomeCommunity ForumsPhoto AlbumsRegister
     
 

User Info

Welcome Anonymous


Membership:
Latest: pcorbin
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 12893

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 95
BOT: 1
Total: 96
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Photo Albums
02: Home
03: Home
04: Your Account
05: Forums
06: Forums
07: Home
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Forums
13: Home
14: Photo Albums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Home
18: Home
19: Forums
20: Forums
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Photo Albums
24: Home
25: Forums
26: Forums
27: Forums
28: Forums
29: Photo Albums
30: Home
31: Home
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Forums
35: Home
36: Home
37: Home
38: Forums
39: Forums
40: Home
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Home
44: Forums
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Home
49: Home
50: Forums
51: Forums
52: Forums
53: Forums
54: Forums
55: Forums
56: Your Account
57: Forums
58: Home
59: Home
60: Your Account
61: Photo Albums
62: Forums
63: Forums
64: Forums
65: Forums
66: Forums
67: Home
68: Home
69: Home
70: Home
71: Forums
72: Photo Albums
73: Home
74: Forums
75: Forums
76: Forums
77: Home
78: Home
79: Forums
80: Forums
81: Home
82: Forums
83: Home
84: Forums
85: Forums
86: Forums
87: Home
88: Forums
89: Forums
90: Your Account
91: Forums
92: Home
93: Forums
94: Forums
95: Home
  BOT:
01: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
 

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 307
 Pictures: 2398
  · Views: 742317
  · Votes: 1313
  · Comments: 86
 

Buckets of Rocks
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bushmaster
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Posts: 11074
Location: Ava, Missouri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

Hey Gil! Was that your idea to arm teachers with buckets of rocks to defend against school shooters? Scratch

_________________
I have one nerve left and yer standin' on it...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Back to top
View user's profile
hunterjoe21
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Mar 30, 2007
Posts: 1475
Location: Billings, Montana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

I read about that yesterday and still can’t stop laughing about that “plan”

The parents and students think it’s a good idea too. One student said something like “It’s better than fighting back with pencils and books”....

Then again, maybe my expectations are too high. This is the same generation that was posting online videos of themselves eating laundry detergent not that long ago...

_________________
My 1911 is more effective than your 911.
Back to top
View user's profile
Tremblay
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Oct 08, 2007
Posts: 2290
Location: Malta, Montana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

Well it is a start back to the caveman days

_________________
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark
Twain

Never argue with a stupid person ,cause they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twwain
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail
dhc4ever
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 26, 2011
Posts: 2727
Location: Ipswich, Queensland Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

Rule one.
Never take a rock to a gun fight............

_________________
Pete

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Back to top
View user's profile
English Mike
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 08, 2007
Posts: 1663
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

dhc4ever wrote:
Rule one.
Never take a rock to a gun fight............

...unless the alternative is a book or a pencil.

Back in my wicket keeping days, I reckon I could have scored a head shot with a cricket ball sized rock at 20yds 99% of the time no problem.
Back to top
View user's profile
Elvis
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jul 27, 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: south island New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

what do you call fella who takes a rock to a gunfight????
the looser/deceased/the late Mr ...
rocks in thier plurry heads,a 12ga maybe but not a bucket of stones.

_________________
You shot it You pluck it !
Them who eats the most duck eats the most feathers!
Back to top
View user's profile
hunterjoe21
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Mar 30, 2007
Posts: 1475
Location: Billings, Montana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:
Rule one.
Never take a rock to a gun fight............

...unless the alternative is a book or a pencil.

Back in my wicket keeping days, I reckon I could have scored a head shot with a cricket ball sized rock at 20yds 99% of the time no problem.

But...

Could you still do it if the guy you were throwing it it had a gun pointed at you???

_________________
My 1911 is more effective than your 911.
Back to top
View user's profile
English Mike
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 08, 2007
Posts: 1663
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

hunterjoe21 wrote:
English Mike wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:
Rule one.
Never take a rock to a gun fight............

...unless the alternative is a book or a pencil.

Back in my wicket keeping days, I reckon I could have scored a head shot with a cricket ball sized rock at 20yds 99% of the time no problem.

But...

Could you still do it if the guy you were throwing it it had a gun pointed at you???

Who knows?

Still beats a book or a pencil.

I don't advocate rocks vs guns but unless & until this BS about "gun free school zones" is flushed down the sewer, it at least gives the kids something to fight back with (I don't advocate arming kids at school but armed staff are OK in my book - if it's the price to pay for freedom from oppression).
Back to top
View user's profile
PaulS
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posts: 4210
Location: South-Eastern Washington - the State

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

Is there a sling in there with those rocks?

A box of loaded guns would excite those kids more than rocks.
Most teachers throw like little girls.
A big box of loaded 12 gauge pump shotguns.
I think I will manufacture a new 10 round semi-auto shotgun and name it rock after the apostle Peter. It will put the fear of the Lord into a bad guy in a school.

_________________
Paul
__________________
Speer, Lyman, Hodgdon, Sierra, and Hornady = reliable loading data
So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail
Elvis
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jul 27, 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: south island New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

Paul there are fully auto .12ga out there now......no way in hell a man could face that down at under 100 yards and survive, you just need Johny on the spot to use it properly.

_________________
You shot it You pluck it !
Them who eats the most duck eats the most feathers!
Back to top
View user's profile
hunterjoe21
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Mar 30, 2007
Posts: 1475
Location: Billings, Montana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

If I had a kid enrolled in a school district and their solution was to have the kids throw rocks in an active shooter situation instead of actually addressing the the “real” problem, I would remove the child from the school immediately.

I could go on typing for hours with my thoughts on this topic, but don’t want to get too political in this forum....

_________________
My 1911 is more effective than your 911.
Back to top
View user's profile
hunterjoe21
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Mar 30, 2007
Posts: 1475
Location: Billings, Montana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
English Mike wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:
Rule one.
Never take a rock to a gun fight............

...unless the alternative is a book or a pencil.

Back in my wicket keeping days, I reckon I could have scored a head shot with a cricket ball sized rock at 20yds 99% of the time no problem.

But...

Could you still do it if the guy you were throwing it it had a gun pointed at you???

Who knows?

Still beats a book or a pencil.

I don't advocate rocks vs guns but unless & until this BS about "gun free school zones" is flushed down the sewer, it at least gives the kids something to fight back with (I don't advocate arming kids at school but armed staff are OK in my book - if it's the price to pay for freedom from oppression).

We can thank crazy azz “Uncle” Joe Biden for the gun free zones...

How’s that been working out so far??

_________________
My 1911 is more effective than your 911.


Last edited by hunterjoe21 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile
dhc4ever
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 26, 2011
Posts: 2727
Location: Ipswich, Queensland Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

About as well as that old chestnut, "Thou shalt not murder".
Of course introducing new laws will fix all the problems..................not.

_________________
Pete

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Back to top
View user's profile
slimjim
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 16, 2009
Posts: 8106
Location: Fort Worth TX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

"dumb as a box of rocks" still holds true!

_________________
"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." - Theodore Roosevelt

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile
English Mike
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 08, 2007
Posts: 1663
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Buckets of Rocks Reply with quote

hunterjoe21 wrote:
English Mike wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
English Mike wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:
Rule one.
Never take a rock to a gun fight............

...unless the alternative is a book or a pencil.

Back in my wicket keeping days, I reckon I could have scored a head shot with a cricket ball sized rock at 20yds 99% of the time no problem.

But...

Could you still do it if the guy you were throwing it it had a gun pointed at you???

Who knows?

Still beats a book or a pencil.

I don't advocate rocks vs guns but unless & until this BS about "gun free school zones" is flushed down the sewer, it at least gives the kids something to fight back with (I don't advocate arming kids at school but armed staff are OK in my book - if it's the price to pay for freedom from oppression).

We can thank crazy azz “Uncle” Joe Biden for the gun free zones...

How’s that been working out so far??

Probably doubled the number of deaths from what it would have been.
Back to top
View user's profile
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 2
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next



Jump to:  


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Valid CSS! Valid HTML 4.01!
Click to check if this page is realy HTML 4.01 compliant for speed :)

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of HuntingNut.com.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2011 by HuntingNut.com
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy

.: Upgraded to DragonFly 9.2 by *Dizfunkshunal* :.