List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am
    ----
List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions

Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:33:47 AM by Jeff Chandler

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

#2: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am
    ----
Quote::
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
[i] Great the weasel investigating himself for raiding the hen house. /sarcasm

#3: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 pm
    ----
What about mental health of those who voted for B.O.?
Or is that the same as questioning the majority's mental health?

To be honnest: I know I'm nuts, but I do understand other nuts most of the time. And when I don't understand something is that because I'm a nut or is a nut giving the message?

It used to be that the male Africans went hunting game or stealing wives of other tribes when they didn't sit down before their hut to think and talk.
They came a long way, but is it progress?

Smile

#4: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 pm
    ----
Shocked I always figured that the potus would include the healthcare that he forced upon us to be included with the firearms ban!So if you tell your doctor none of his business it probably will raise immediate red flags to some fed agency,and if you refuse to participate in ocacacare then you will be fined,and if you do participate- you will probably be taxed on your toys!He's making a no way out situation for innocent people!If you do not comply -you will be scrutinized as some type of criminal! Mad

#5: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:57 pm
    ----
We were talking about this a couple of hours ago at the Wolf's Den gun shop.
All of us agreed that the NRA scared the Dems from doing anything more. The difference between us Americans and our Aussie friends is the Second Amendment and mostly the NRA.
Anybody who hasn't joined the NRA yet better get off of their hind ends and do it. Quickly.

Eric

#6: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm
    ----
ElyBoy wrote:

Anybody who hasn't joined the NRA yet better get off of their hind ends and do it. Quickly.

Eric

Eric,
I haven't always seen eye to eye with some of the deals that the NRA had made with left wing politicians and therefore hadn't renewed my membership. Last month changed all that and now I'm signed for a life membership on the easy payment plan and also signed with GOA. Anything we can do to fight these guys, we need to do!
Don

#7: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm
    ----
Same here BBlue, and just now watching the News Hour with only one pro-gun person on a panel of 4 discussing the issues, they down played the NRA's actions stating that they just aren't relevant anymore. PBS has never gotten past left leaning politics, and I had to tune in to see what the left was saying. They dismiss the NRA's TV spots as a sort of last ditch effort and applaud the previously failed AWBan as if it were the only right thing to do. They claimed that Congress has been bullied by the NRA and the money backing the NRA in the past but there's a different climate now and the NRA just doesn't have any clout anymore.

REALLY?

We'll see.....

I also re-joined the NRA and so did over 250,000 other concerned citizens, let's see if there's any clout to go around. Over 80% of congressional candidates funded by the NRA won their House or Senate races. That's 236 Republicans vs 25 Democrats. Average ratings for Republicans A, average ratings for Democrats D. I'd say Congress is unlikely to pass a weapons ban.......really really unlikely.

I could have sworn Obama wasn't going to get re-elected........it's the Twilight Zone....anything can happen, but with numbers like those in Congress something would have to be mighty haywire for them to pass an AWBan.

#8: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 am
    ----
well either the press over here have got it all cocked up(not surprising) or there is more going on as today on the radio I heard assault weapons to be banned????
cant see that one working as there are too many out there to trace .
who was the dork who called them "assault" any way???
those 23 dont look as daunting as I was expecting but it could be snowballing????

#9: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:12 am
    ----
Elvis, those 23 are the beginning of the end mate...or as I call it...Death by a Thousand Cuts.

Once they have something in place, it will never be removed...just built on and added to mate...same as what is happening out here.

#10: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 am
    ----
Some of Obama's 23 points I would have thought were in place already. for instance:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
I would have thought the data should already have been available.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
I haven't observed that any FFL dealer had any problem using the phone to call for the instant background check.
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
Is he telling me they don't trace guns now used in crime?

#11: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:59 am
    ----
BB, I think he means in #9 that he's going to trace these guns sold to the mexican drugcartel...

#12: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 am
    ----
It's likely, that way he can keep as far away as possible from that issue.

#13: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 am
    ----
A real positive:

Senator Kathy Marchione

A bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

#14: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am
    ----
Food for thought here methinks...

#15: Re: List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 am
    ----
Elvis he's going to let the Congress decide on the AWBan and 10rnd mags. The president sent them his gun ban issues to vote on. Yeah the 23 other things are his valiant attempt to keep out of the fray. Doesn't want his name on that AWBan.

Kathleen sounds like a stand-up gal, something NewYorkers should be proud of to have on their side. The Senator that pushed through his idiotic gun bills is the same idiot that limits Coca Cola consumption, such a do-gooder he's flipped his wig. Hopefully Kathleen's efforts will be rewarded. She's already gotten over 29,000 signatures only 24hrs after Cuomo signed the bill. They were forced to vote on this bill in the middle of the night only having 20 minutes to read it before the vote. Lovely Democrat tactics.

Under the existing New York ban, a firearm needed to have a combination of military-style characteristics such as a pistol grip and a flash suppressor to be illegal. Now, a semi-automatic rifle or pistol with detachable magazine needs to have only one of those features to be deemed illegal.

So if you have a semi auto with a flash suppressor you're illegal.

It prohibits ammo sales over the internet.

That'll stop em from shootin people fer sher! What a horrendous idiot

-> General