Petraeus Resigns
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Petraeus Resigns Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am
    ----
CIA Director David Petraeus announced his resignation on Friday after an FBI investigation disclosed his affair with another woman. The whole thing is very suspicious in my book. He was slated to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee on exactly what happened in the Bengazi terrorist attack. Now Sen. Dianne Feinstein has graciously announced that his testimony won't be needed.

As first reported by NBC News, Petraeus disclosed the affair in a letter released to the CIA work force on Friday afternoon, writing: "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told NBC News that Petraeus’s personal mistake should not have led to his departure.
Feinstein said she respects Obama’s decision to accept the Petraeus resignation, but wishes he hadn't. She also said Petraeus will not need to testify at hearings she is chairing next week into the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

#2: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 am
    ----
Eh, suspicious or not, the American people know what really happened in Benghazi.

Dimitri

#3: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
    ----
What I'd like to know is who authorized the coverup of the facts. I have a strong feeling Petraeus could or would have told us if this very convenient, very timely FBI probe hadn't shot him down.

#4: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:39 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Eh, suspicious or not, the American people know what really happened in Benghazi.

Who are you kidding! America just showed the world how stupid we are!!

#5: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 pm
    ----
I think Obama knew about this since according to the news the fbi started the investigation back in Feb of 2012!! It does not take that long to investigate an e-mail account from google. Now reports have identified the 2nd woman who received threats from the generals e-mail. It seems like a big coverup for the elections.

www.huffingtonpost.com...14319.html

#6: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:21 pm
    ----
It's a cover up for Benghazi. Petraeus knows all about what went on and what he wasn't allowed to do by the O administration. We will even find out that Benghazi was a detention center that was under protected.

#7: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm
    ----
I did see a congressman that said that just because Patraeus resigned dosn't mean he won't have to testify. They plan to subpeona him if he doesn't volunteer. Of course we still have the foxes guarding the hen house so I'm not sure much will come out of the investigation.

#8: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm
    ----
By the way, Clinton says she won't testify because of a "scheduling conflict" ...

#9: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:52 am
    ----
My thoughts - Petraeus self reported rather than be blackmailed into silence over Benghazi. This is the Chicago way to get dirt on someone and hold onto it to make sure they follow the same script you want them too.

No offense to the Aussies on the board but i think your PM would understand if Hillary needed to delay their meeting so she could set the record straight here.

#10: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 am
    ----
The White House and Pentagon knew of the attack as it was starting, heck there was some forethought that something would happen, hence that guys posting to his internet gaming community.

It was easier for them to do nothing then to do something. They feared what might happen if there was a gun battle between American forces and the Libyans. So it was easier to plead ignorance the next day then cause a drawn out confrontation.

Dimitri

#11: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 pm
    ----
The facts in Benghazi were lied about by virtually every member of the Obama administration for weeks upon weeks. Obama ran out the clock on his scandals, and now throws anyone associated with them (and who knows the truth) overboard and under the bus.

Then we had the democrat Sen Feinstein who said yesterday on tv, there is no connection between Benghazi and Petraeus resigning. www.breitbart.com/Brei...estigation

And Hillary must testify according to Rep Peter King. www.breitbart.com/Brei...st-Testify

Hopefully this is Obama's watergate that brings him and his administration down. But I won't hold my breath to long after Fast & Furious.

#12: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 am
    ----
Ah, yes, the investigation widens. More women, more generals. The media just loves going after the military instead of focusing on the O administration as the Benghazi hearings approach.

www.foxnews.com/politi...r-alleged/

#13: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 am
    ----
I'm with you SlimJ...nothin better to report? nothin more vital to report? things is goin well otherwise? Oh it's a matter of national security, maybe Hillary should take the blame, then Obama should ultimately take the blame, that should do it.

#14: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm
    ----
The same "investigative journalists" that couldn't find the time to investigate the background of the President, couldn't be bothered looking into fast and furious and want nothing to do with Benghazi are now tripping all over themselves to find out what General is getting what on the side. Hillary is too busy sampling wine in Australia and the now ex-CIA Director is too busy dodging questions on his affairs to bother to testify about the terror attack on Benghazi. I don't care who's getting what, it's plain and simple, these people owe the truth to the gold star families of those killed in Benghazi.
Don

#15: Re: Petraeus Resigns Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm
    ----
Apparently the FBI found classified documents on his mistress computer. gma.yahoo.com/broadwel...54139.html

-> General