Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Small Game Hunting

#16: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 am
    ----
I love the tail-gater in the hotel parking lot, what a hoot to the other hunters. They get back from a blistering hot day shooting and there's a BBQ goin on, they're not invited but only to sniff someone elses rewards. The taco guys could have made you some dove tacos, that'd be a treat.

#17: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 am
    ----
Wow Stovey! What a fun hunt, great story, and nice pics. You sure know how to enjoy it all. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Very Happy

#18: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 am
    ----
We had such a great time it was unreal. My bud's wife prepped the breasts with a nice marinade and stuffed them with cream cheese, green chili and other stuff and bacon wrapped them. What a treat. We shared too. Some guys looked pretty worked so... get on over here, have a beer and a bird!

I mainly got white wing and mourning and one euro. There's no limit on eurasian collards, spotted necks and I really wanted to clean up on them, but they were all in town on the wires....hmmmm. Maybe they got the message.

Thanks everyone! Razz

#19: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
man that sounds like fun. good to hear you got amounst them and got yourself some recoil therapy.

Thanks Big E, had a blast, but it can't be as much fun as clobbering quackers in a bath robe in yer front yard! Razz

#20: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Great story and an even better hunt Stovey...well done mate.

I must admit, I find dove hunting strange because they are everywhere out here but not hunted...in fact we feed them in out back yard.

My shooting buddy says he has tried dove and it was delicious...maybe it is something I need to do in the future.

Cheers, Vince

Mate, grab the pellet rifle, bag a couple and Google some Imperial Valley Dove Recipe's, there's a ton. If ya BBQ them just make sure they are soaked and wrapped and they come out suculent. Enjoy mate!

#21: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:05 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
It figures..
It wont be stoves if there aint any photos of food..

Looks like you have great time mate.

Laughing

I had 5 doves and heap of sides. There was two kinds of bread, sweet butter, veggies, German tater salad with bacon, pasta salad and oh man....my tummy's growlin' again! Razz

#22: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:09 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
The taco guys could have made you some dove tacos, that'd be a treat.

Great suggestion....they were closed when we got back. You'd have loved their food, the corn tortillas were the best anywhere. All homemade, not sure how they did the corn tortilla but it looked like it might have been flash cooked in oil- not greasy or hard but man yummy.

Hope you are well, Suz, and the heat breaks up there, been getting reports of some scorching dry weather up north.

#23: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm
    ----
moose2 wrote:
Wow Stovey! What a fun hunt, great story, and nice pics. You sure know how to enjoy it all. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Very Happy

How's the new dig's mister? One of these days ya need ta invite me up for a hunt when yer spot's are locked down. Love to share one with ya wild man. Razz

#24: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:31 pm
    ----
And one just fer my ol pal Bushmaster...and, cuz he's a Navy man, there's the USS Bonefish in the background.

Seems fitting.

Shocked

Laughing

#25: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 pm
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
Vince wrote:
Great story and an even better hunt Stovey...well done mate.

I must admit, I find dove hunting strange because they are everywhere out here but not hunted...in fact we feed them in out back yard.

My shooting buddy says he has tried dove and it was delicious...maybe it is something I need to do in the future.

Cheers, Vince

Mate, grab the pellet rifle, bag a couple and Google some Imperial Valley Dove Recipe's, there's a ton. If ya BBQ them just make sure they are soaked and wrapped and they come out suculent. Enjoy mate!
I have shot a pidgeon plucked it gutted it then dropped it on the hot BBQ while it was still warm Very Happy looked funny with the toes curling up as it cooked Very Happy soon as it stopped leaking red stuff it got scoffed in no time, good not as good as quail but good tucker.

#26: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 am
    ----
Stovey...yer a crazy man mate...would love to spend a weekend wiv ya just enjoyin' life...and havin' a beer of course.

Haha Haha Haha Haha

Cheers, Vince

#27: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:47 am
    ----
I happened to notice a small difference between Stovey's approach to hunting and Bushmaster's... or is it the difference between small game and big game hunting?

And Stovey, I've always admired those who clean theirselves the game they've harvested and when they also prepare diner... you come close to my standards for mariage Smile

#28: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 am
    ----
Look out Stove I've got a notion someone's got their eyes on you....well maybe he's got a daughter.

maybe
not
Suz

#29: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
And Stovey, I've always admired those who clean theirselves the game they've harvested and when they also prepare diner... you come close to my standards for mariage Smile

Hmmmm....I'll think about it.

And I don't do windows! Razz

#30: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 am
    ----
2 daughters, but I'm afraid they have their own standards and they don't seem to be easier than mine. Or how could one explain they still didn't get married (alltough the oldest will meet the age of 30 real soon).

And I can understand that Suz reacts. What when the idea about family changes... living together with a few male friends could offer some big advantages and sure will cut the costs...

-> Small Game Hunting