Green on Blue
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: Green on Blue Author: EremiusLocation: Owosso, MI PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 am
    ----
PaulS wrote:
Bushmaster is right! those people have been at war for two thousand years and the fighting isn't going to stop. Even if the killed off all the other sects but the one that they like they would fight among themselves over the true meaning of the Koran. It only took Christianity a bit over a thousand years to stop actively killing people in the name of God...

Google Kenya witch burning. The religion is irrelevant, it is the society it exists in that is the problem.

#17: Re: Green on Blue Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 pm
    ----
I don't use google.... no one who likes their guns should but I will attempt a Bing search....be right back....

All societies are capable of evil when the conditions are ripe. Burning people because they are suspected of having used magic to injure someone is nothing new. It happened (or nearly happened) in the USA a couple of years ago. Three young men held a young woman who was a member of the Wiccan religion and attempted to tie her to a post and set her on fire. A wandering patrol car saw it and stopped them. The three were arrested and the girl was released to deal with her trama.
It is a "mob mentality" syndrome. People allow the group to use fear and anger to control them. Lynch mobs happen the same way.
The difference is that in the middle east people have been fighting each other since 900 BCE - 2912 years. It all started as a clan feud and has become so out of control that it will never stop.

#18: Re: Green on Blue Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 am
    ----
lets not get into which burning conversation or someone MAY just have to bring up some of the christian induced/sponsered crap from our past...

#19: Re: Green on Blue Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:17 am
    ----
ALL religions are CULTS. If given enough power are no different then the Muslim, Cathlics, or any other cult.

#20: Re: Green on Blue Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 am
    ----
Right on Bushy

#21: Re: Green on Blue Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:36 pm
    ----
Bushy, are you calling me a cultist ....good catholic lad that I am LOL

#22: Re: Green on Blue Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 pm
    ----
Yup...I would be doin' just that. Which, also, makes me a cultist too.

#23: Re: Green on Blue Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
ALL religions are CULTS. If given enough power are no different then the Muslim, Cathlics, or any other cult.

+ 1000000

#24: Re: Green on Blue Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 pm
    ----
I'm a Calathumpian...or that's what my Dad would say.

Cheers, Vince

#25: Re: Green on Blue Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 am
    ----
In the words of John
"imagine all the people......."
Embarassed no no no not the deciple John Embarassed
I meant the long haired pommy hippie Very Happy

#26: Re: Green on Blue Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 am
    ----
Haha Haha Haha

Cheers, Vince

-> Spam-O-Rama