It's almost Time
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#166: Re: It's almost Time Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 am
    ----
Very strange, I see an increased number of male ducks in my neighbourhood...

or they are very clever and know the opening seasons (here another 4 months to go)
or they are even more clever and let the female ducks work while they are proudly walking around...
(and be ready for their daily f..k, because it's that time of the year...)

maybe the Aussie male ducks came over to help?
that's a 2 in 1 shot...

Elvis, don't forget: ducks usualy fly faster than it seems...

#167: Re: It's almost Time Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:46 am
    ----
Ducks have a dream life here in Queensland Australia...we are not allowed to hunt them. Mongrel bloody greenies !!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad burr

#168: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:50 am
    ----
well the weatherfolk lied again Sad
Saturday was typical Dday weather not a cloud in the sky and absolutle no wind at all Sad
we managed 15 for the day and got a couple more today. we finally got wind but an easterly not the predicted southerly and it didnt arrive till 4:30 this arvo. never mind we had a great time and I even got my Daughter to come out for a few hours while the Son went off to play a game of rugby.
dog is completely shagged, asleep in front of the fire as soon as we got home. he found 2 ducks for me last night just on dark in long rank grass one fell 50 yrds behind us and I marked the line of its fall and walked him up that way, the other up about 5 yards behind a willow tree also in tall grass about 18" high so I was stoked with that Very Happy he in his kennel having the bone from the mutton roast aswell as dog roll as he deserved it.
ducks to pluck tomorrow and then to try and get the Opuha mud off everything.

#169: Re: It's almost Time Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:25 am
    ----
Well done mate...sounds like a damn fine day was had by all...especially your mutley.

Now...where are the obligatory pics mate??? Laughing

#170: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:57 pm
    ----
here ya go mate, my Daughter took some on Saturday morning while having a cruise around with the old man.

#171: Re: It's almost Time Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:45 pm
    ----
Dam could do with a little water mate...lookin' a tad low I reckon.

#172: Re: It's almost Time Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
here ya go mate, my Daughter took some on Saturday morning while having a cruise around with the old man.
Hey Elvis, your daughter did well taking these pics. Love the doggie camo vest. My pup has one, but she hates it, so she says, so I don't make her wear it anymore. Smile

#173: Re: It's almost Time Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 am
    ----
Nice pics mate...your daughter done good buddy.

#174: Re: It's almost Time Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:45 pm
    ----
Nice pics, I have a long time to go before I get to poke holes in the sky.

#175: Re: It's almost Time Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 am
    ----
Guess what time it is again!!!!!!! Minnesota has opened an early early goose season this year beginning August 10th. The problem is I haven't seen many geese around home. Going to do some scouting in the morning to see if I can locate some.

#176: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:04 am
    ----
go get em mate
our duck season has just closed.

#177: Re: It's almost Time Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:54 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
Guess what time it is again!!!!!!! Minnesota has opened an early early goose season this year beginning August 10th. The problem is I haven't seen many geese around home. Going to do some scouting in the morning to see if I can locate some.

Hopefully some will move in for you. No early season here. Just an info note, back in the early 80's, in North Dakota where a grew up, the Fish and Game started establishing nesting sites for the canada geese, and relocated breeding pairs to these sights. The hope was to establish a resident population of Canadas. It turned out to be very successfull. They now have a large population of resident geese and an early goose season also. Very Happy

#178: Re: It's almost Time Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:47 pm
    ----
Woo Hoo! Started the season off with a bang........ lots of bangs. We missed a lot of birds but we brought home enough for a good meal. I really like my new boat, it pushed so easy and hides almost anywhere. I had a little Teal land about two feet from the end of my boat and took at my son in his boat. It didn't see me until the dog decided he wasn't supposed to sit that close. Back at it in the morning!!! More ducks need to die .

#179: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:44 pm
    ----
good man thats the spirit!!!! now where was the camera to capture that teal??? bit close for the .10ga...you would have to head shoot it!!!!
pleased the camo system is working for you.

#180: Re: It's almost Time Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:20 pm
    ----
Ok, Elvis, thanks for sharing the pictures and all, but .... pictures of your dog but not your daughter, or was that her boot? How got the foul?

-> Waterfowl Hunting