Benelli double-duty....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#31: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:48 pm
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
Elvis wrote:
man I still cant see why so tight a choke?? imp cylinder should be any amount tight enough for the furtherest range you are stating and give you more lee way.

OK- chokes! I'm using #8 lead, pretty much at the limit of it's oomph factor (I think) distance wise, and I think unless I'm using an M choke at these ranges there will be giant holes in the string? I'm on board with a IC @ 16y from the house, but shooting at 27y from the house (pls 20 or 30y more before I get on it) an IC w/ #8 would be pepper in the wind by the time I get on it and get the shot off, or so I think. I've never given it much thought till now to be honest. I normally just stick the M in and leave it and go get dinner becasue it works on such a wide range of pell sizes and all that.
get the news paper out from under the coffee table tape 2 sheets together place them out at 35yrds and pattern the darn thing and have a look. I believe you will be suprised at the results.I dont think you will be shooting that far as thats 47-57 yrds which is a heck of a long shot at a bird in flight you must be getting on to them before that??. now a bunny on the ground with #3s thats a good long shot but getting out there.

#32: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 am
    ----
Yup! Done that. Mod and IC are close and the IC has a lot more hits on the outer periphery. In American Trap if I recall the bird leaves the trap @ 40 mph and can go 50y, it apexes @ 25y or so I think I forget...it's way out there shooting from the 27y handicap before I get on it and i'm suprized #8 busts it. I wont poke at game w/ #8 farther than 30y'ish, lil farther with #3 and a more open choke. IC is not a bad call 16y from the house if yer fast yer spot on there El V.

I was watching the Worlds on you-tube, I think the birds goes 110mph or somthing like that. It was a blurr and guys were puffing these things shooting doubles just out of the house. Jeebus!

#33: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am
    ----
it sure is a pleasure to watch those who are good at it alright. I have an old dvd of a fellow from a teaching school in England showing how to shoot clays (now listen up Vince) he shows how its done then goes and switches shoulders!!!! and continues to bust them southpaw!!!! awesome stuff, certainly makes my humble efforts look feeble. Embarassed
sounds like you have checked out your options now just to find the time and $ to practice Sad

#34: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am
    ----
Switch hit- I could never do that with a shotty, wow. Hats' off to those who can! I got my options, a case of shells on sale for $59.60 US and I'm ready to go w/ two-guns-in-one! Weeeee!

#35: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:35 pm
    ----
I will [humbly] stay with my only shotgun...

Browning BSS 12 Ga.

#36: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 pm
    ----
Browning BSS??????????

#37: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 pm
    ----
BSS (Browning Side by Side)

#38: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 pm
    ----
OK now I'm with ya. I thought the spelling Nazi had a typo.

#39: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 pm
    ----
Naw...I don't let HIM near my computer.

#40: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:33 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
it sure is a pleasure to watch those who are good at it alright. I have an old dvd of a fellow from a teaching school in England showing how to shoot clays (now listen up Vince) he shows how its done then goes and switches shoulders!!!! and continues to bust them southpaw!!!! awesome stuff, certainly makes my humble efforts look feeble. Embarassed
sounds like you have checked out your options now just to find the time and $ to practice Sad

My shooting buddy is like that...he is a natural. I have the utmost respect for anybody that can change shoulders and shoot equally well with either. Fingers crossed, I am starting to develop a little muscle memory already. No argument...practice makes perfect.

Cheers, Vince

#41: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
BSS (Browning Side by Side)

I'ma BPS bottom-dump fan myself. Eyeballing one of those right now.

And this thread's about my gun! ......which no one likes.... Sad

#42: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 am
    ----
I don't know 'bout that...My son uses a Benelli for geese.

#43: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:03 am
    ----
I like the Vinci, man that's a shooter!

The BSS and BPS are couple of my favorites.

You doin' any bird chasin' the year Bossman? Gettin' close out here....I'm gettin' randy! My lil Benelli's starting to show some age too...under the forearm between the barrel lug and chamber on the left side there's a couple super small rub mark/lines that took the bluing down to the polished steel from the the barrel channel cut-out on the fore-end. Argh! Mad Oh well...I 600 gritted them areas a little but what ya gonna do it's a field gun and it's gets carried alot and on the range it gets bilstering hot. Stuff happens. I'm suprised it's stayed cherry this long.

#44: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:17 am
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
And this thread's about my gun! ......which no one likes.... Sad

My oldest has a 12g Benelli 3 1/2" chamber with a 28" barrel that he swears by for waterfowl. I just may have to get one for me. Very Happy

#45: Re: Benelli double-duty.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 am
    ----
There Stovy...Are ya happy now?

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions