So I got to thinking ...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: So I got to thinking ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm
    ----
The Olympics, the way its measured by number of Gold's for your rank, is kind of backwards. After all, it ends up supporting pushing more athletes to go and hoping for the best, at which point the biggest team will get the most amount of medals.

So I was thinking, how about comparing them to their number of Athletes on how many golds they got?

Take the number of Golds, and divide it out based on the number of Athletes they brought to the games. Since it becomes a tiny number, multiply it by 1000 to get whole numbers.

So spend a half hour bored in front of a PC and you get this ... the top ten based on Gold medals per athlete.

• 100.00 Grenada
  • 97.37 China
  • 84.86 Russia
  • 78.43 North Korea
  • 75.47 Iran
  • 73.58 United States
  • 60.00 Jamaica
  • 57.14 Ethiopia
  • 52.63 Kazakhstan
  • 50.96 Hungary

Very Happy

Dimitri

#2: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm
    ----
If it is medal per CAPITA,

1 Grenada
2 Jamaica
3 New Zealand
4 Slovenia
5 Denmark
6 Estonia
7 Hungary
8 Australia
9 Cyprus
10 Qatar
:
16 Great Britain
:
32 Canada
:
40 United States
:
65 China
:
and the last two as of today

79 Indonesia
80 India

#3: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 pm
    ----
I much prefer your way gelandangan!!!!

#4: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
I much prefer your way gelandangan!!!!

I'm sure you do Elvis.

After all, sheep chasing does build muscles. Very Happy

=============
Here is a better line up
Medal per GDP

1 Grenada
2 Jamaica
3 Mongolia
4 Armenia
5 Moldova
6 North Korea
7 Georgia
8 Kenya
9 Belarus
10 Tajikistan
:
17 New Zealand
:
39 Australia
:
47 China
:
51 Canada
:
60 United States

Surprising result

Source : http://www.medalspercapita.com

#5: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 pm
    ----
" So I got to thinking ..."

How much trouble has started with that little line?

Ha Ha.

#6: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 am
    ----
thinking is for horses,
they have a head sized for it...

#7: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Source : http://www.medalspercapita.com

Interesting website.

Dimitri

#8: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:05 am
    ----
I would like to see money spent on athletes per medal. The "Rocky" myth has been dispelled with the disclosure of the technology being used to prepare the athletes. Full blood transfusions and living for months in an artificially oxygen reduced atmosphere. I like the idea of having a wide open, use any drug you want games. Then they could be supported by the big drug companies instead of taxpayers.

#9: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:50 pm
    ----
I thought that was called grid iron????

#10: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 pm
    ----
I'm with you MacD
Lets see what the human body can do
No need to hide anything

#11: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:52 am
    ----
I'd like to see an Olympic Games run under the rules etc of the original games...with the original sports only. Be pretty cool to see.

Cheers, Vince

#12: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 am
    ----
only olympic game I'm interested in is naked womens wrestling. Shocked

#13: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:43 am
    ----
I hear a "whittling" sound in the back ground. If I were you Donut Slayer, I'd be lookin' fer that there ladder...

#14: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 am
    ----
Thank you Bushamatoot always lookin out fer me (behind any tree)

Nuthin wrong with naked women wrestling...stay outa their way...it sorta paints a picture....large, small, skinny, fat, sweaty...can't be very attractive to wanna to that with any seriousness....well if they're naked it can't be serious so...HHhhhhmmmm ok what's goin on in Florida that I don't....oh I know it's full of Navy guys...yeah Pensacola's probably got a few needs for naked anything, anywhere, anytime...nuthin better ta do, they wrestle gators and snakes and catfish and what ever happens to get in their way. Must be a turn-on...slimy, slippery, sweaty seems to be the menu...Sounds nasty to me, but if there's no man in the action then it's just a bunch of standing around watching....mastering your .......domain...mastering something, something to master....bait a few hooks for the catfish instead, ya know you can eat those things, would be more productive than sittin around watching other people wrestle things.

Ok Bushy, you're right, I'm gettin a stick

Suz

#15: Re: So I got to thinking ... Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 am
    ----
LOL, thats funny right there, I dont care who ya are, just funny. But, hey, dosent everybody enjoy watchin a good cat fight?? I'm puttin my briar pants on now. Smile

-> Spam-O-Rama