Aurora Colorado
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Aurora Colorado Author: eeyouelderLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 am
    ----
14 dead and 50+ wounded in shooting

May they rest in peace, amen.

#2: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:14 am
    ----
Been watching this all morning, prayers go out to the families of the deceased.

And Mayor Bloomberg of NY had the audacity to demand Obama and Romney step up their stance on more gun control with out even offering condolences to the families. The man was 24 years old with a clean record as far they can tell right now.

#3: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:25 am
    ----
What those poor folks needed in that theater was a man like the one who stopped those two gunman who shot up the internet cafe.
One armed honest citizen would have stopped that slaughter.

God Bless all of those victims.

Eric

#4: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: eeyouelderLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm
    ----
Would someone who is familiar with the Colorado firearm laws tell us if concealed carry is legal in Aurora?

Thanks

#5: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm
    ----
eeyouelder wrote:
Would someone who is familiar with the Colorado firearm laws tell us if concealed carry is legal in Aurora?

Thanks

Cinemark Holdings, the owners of the theatre, have a "no firearms" policy.
Concealed carry in Aurora itself is legal like in the rest of CO.

#6: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 pm
    ----
English Mike wrote:

Cinemark Holdings, the owners of the theatre, have a "no firearms" policy.

That just might have kept the honest citizens from being able to stop this madman.
Don

#7: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:41 pm
    ----
BigBlue wrote:
That just might have kept the honest citizens from being able to stop this madman. Don

Yup, according to reports, this guy did buy firearms legally and took them into a prohibited place which I'm sure he had no clue. But the average Joe like us and the huntingnut crowd will abide by laws and will not carry onto prohibited places. Sad

#8: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:04 pm
    ----
Another a$$hole that blames other for their own problem.

Now we got to pay for it being again blamed for something that we would not even close to think of doing.
I wish in the audience there is a guy with a CCW and took the gunman out before he kill as many.
This kind of thing would NEVER happen in the uncivilized WILD West time, where everybody have a gun and a right to defend themselves.

RIP the victim.
Burn in hell the shooting bastard.

#9: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 pm
    ----
[quote="Ominivision1"]
BigBlue wrote:
But the average Joe like us and the huntingnut crowd will abide by laws and will not carry onto prohibited places. Sad

Don't bet my life on that statement omni-I'd still rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!I've had a permit to carry for over30 yrs now and have carried in many"protected places"-simply because they were not protected.I don't necessarily condone it for anyone else-that is their consience,and their lives.Just imagine if a like minded person had been in that theatre!

#10: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:50 am
    ----
In a crowded space with people in pure panic pulling a gun might have got you shot or mobbed. If enough men had went for the shooter perhaps fewer dead and wounded. Wonder how many pushed women and children aside as they escaped.

#11: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 am
    ----
Of course the current administration will blame the guns he used and say the world we be better if they took the guns away from us. No one will blame the movie which he patterned his action after.

#12: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:30 am
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
But the average Joe like us and the huntingnut crowd will abide by laws and will not carry onto prohibited places. Sad

Company policy be damned. If I'm there, I'm going to carry. If they ask me to leave I'll abide by their decision, but I will not allow my family and myself to be victimized because of their policy. Obviously that policy protected no one, but the shooter. The police will be the first to admit they can't protect everyone all the time, so I'm of the opinion it's up to us to protect ourselves.
Don

#13: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 am
    ----
I have always honored the no gun signs, but no more. When I carry, from now on, the owners of the places that have those signs can go to blazes.

Eric

#14: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 am
    ----
I've seen folks on another web site arguing that, even if someone had had a gun, they MIGHT not have been able to use it or they MIGHT have hit an innocent victim or they MIGHT have been attacked by the crowd... I'd like to point out that they MIGHT have put the SOB down and saved a lot of people.

As I said over there:
‎#1 – I would prefer to have the ABILITY to defend myself if the opportunity arose, even though it may not have presented itself in this situation. The patrons of that theater were denied that.

#2 – I find the fear that someone who has taken the training to obtain a concealed carry permit would just “fire blindly” into the crowd in hopes of hitting the bad guy to be silly.

#15: Re: Aurora Colorado Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:09 pm
    ----
The immediate reaction to ban guns is a completely emotional response born of fear and anger at such a tragedy. Fortunately, I've never seen logic and rationality be able to do much except further anger the emotionally charged individual. All the facts in the world are not going to mean anything until the emotionality of this tragedy has ebbed a bit and people are ready to look at it in a more logical way.

It is important to let people know that gun owners are just as angry and saddened by this tragedy as the non-gun owners, and that we are respectful of the victims. Combating misinformation needs to be done in very thoughtful and respectful ways. I believe gun owners have a real chance to make a positive difference here, but can do a lot of damage if they aren't careful.

From watching the news, it seems the shooter rigged up his apartment with explosives and fire accelerants, which tells me he intended to do more damage after the shooting, perhaps to the first emergency personal responding to his apartment.

-> General