Thoughts on Sig Sauer
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:13 pm
    ----
I'm leaning pretty hard on getting my first Sig Very Happy I think I'm going to get the SP2022 in 9mm . www.sigsauer.com/Catal...p2022.aspx
Sigs have a great rep wanted the Nuts opinions on there handguns Very Happy

#2: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:55 pm
    ----
It looks like a good choice for a pistol. How long a barrel does it have?

#3: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: terry264Location: Eastern-North Central West Virginia PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:04 pm
    ----
Joe, you're gonna love it so keep leaning that way, haha.

#4: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 pm
    ----
I've never heard a bad thing about the Sig pistols Joe...I don't reckon you could go too far wrong with one mate.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm
    ----
At this point I'd say stay away from the SIG .22 LR autos. I've heard nothing but good about the centerfires though.

#6: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 am
    ----
My Dealer is giving me a pretty good deal so I think I will have him order it here in a week or so Very Happy . Mike what's goin on with the .22 autos ?

#7: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 pm
    ----
P239 .357 and equinox .45 both failure free

#8: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm
    ----
My only comments on SIG is;
How well does it fit your hand?
Many years ago, like 30, I was into pistol shooting and had the opertunity to handle quite a few different pistols mostly 9mm, what stands out in the memory is that the SIG was well finished, a nice weight and in NO way fitted my hand, I take an XL glove.
In comparison to the browning Hipower it was a lot bigger in the grip area, not as bad as a Desert eagle .50 AE but heading that way, thats how you fit 15 odd rounds into a pistol.
From distant meemory it was a P226.

#9: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 pm
    ----
I have a SIG Mosquito that has a DA trigger pull so heavy that I can't even shoot it that way. On top of that it jams like crazy. From what I've heard about them they are hit and miss. Some seem to work fine. It is a huge, and expensive, disappointment.

A friend has a different model (SP2022?) and the magazines won't stay in it. You can pull them out without releasing the mag latch and they fall out under recoil. There is nothing wrong with the latch, the thing just doesn't fit together right.

#10: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
I have a SIG Mosquito that has a DA trigger pull so heavy that I can't even shoot it that way. On top of that it jams like crazy. From what I've heard about them they are hit and miss. Some seem to work fine. It is a huge, and expensive, disappointment.

A friend has a different model (SP2022?) and the magazines won't stay in it. You can pull them out without releasing the mag latch and they fall out under recoil. There is nothing wrong with the latch, the thing just doesn't fit together right.

Have ya tried talking to there customer service department maybe they will take a look at it ?

#11: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm
    ----
I talk to a SIG rep about the Mosquito (at the NRA convention in Charlotte, NC in 2010) and he told me to lube it more... My buddy has not contacted them about his gun yet.

#12: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:20 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
I talk to a SIG rep about the Mosquito (at the NRA convention in Charlotte, NC in 2010) and he told me to lube it more... My buddy has not contacted them about his gun yet.

Let me no how you guys make out . Hopfully they will make things right !!

#13: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 pm
    ----
Don't think I'm necessarily anti-SIG. I have a SIG 522 rifle that I really like and want to get a SIG 556 rifle. But those .22 handguns were disappointing. Wish I'd bought a Ruger 22/45 instead.

#14: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:13 am
    ----
Joe, the SP2022 isn't the gun that gave Sig their reputation .... in fact it may have tainted it a bit !!!

Personally I'd prefer the P250 over the SP2022 but neither are as good as the 226, 229 and 220's in my opinion !!!

#15: Re: Thoughts on Sig Sauer Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:09 pm
    ----
Thanks for the Input guys the sp2022 was in the price range I was trying to stick to . After visiting my dealer today I looked at the 2022 some glocks and a couple of CZ's but he made me a pretty good deal on a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 with the carry kit ( 3 17 round mags-Holster- double mag pouchs- ez loader and 3 grip pannels) for the price witch was a little more than I planned on but still was a no brainer Very Happy . It felt very good in my hands so after the waiting period Mad I will send some rounds down range and give a range report Very Happy

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions