Problem with Point Blank Online
-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests

#1: Problem with Point Blank Online Author: MRFixITLocation: Newbrunswick PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:53 am
    ----
I input info for my load in point blank online and it generates a chart total different from what I input

The info I entered is:

PointBlank Online Ballistics
Ballistic Coefficent .395 Bullet Weight 75 grns
Muzzle Velocity 2700 fps Target Zero Distance 100 yrds
Scope Height 1.5 in Temperature 30 F
Altitude 500 ft Shooting Angle deg

#2: Re: Problem with Point Blank Online Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 pm
    ----
Your Ballistic Co is entered as .145, scope height is also wrong as well as MV and temp..etc.

#3: Re: Problem with Point Blank Online Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 pm
    ----
I believe its generating the proper data, its just that its caching the image information online and probably displaying it incorrectly. I will look into it.

-DallanC

#4: Re: Problem with Point Blank Online Author: MRFixITLocation: Newbrunswick PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:35 pm
    ----
Dallan I just tried it. Seems to be working fine for me now

#5: Re: Problem with Point Blank Online Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:05 pm
    ----
So what happens when you run a ballistics computation, is I litterally write out an image into a directory and pass the link to the users browser. Its a numbered image and I re-used the images over time (it stores I think up to 2000 before resetting to 0 and overwriting the previous files. Generally this means a computed trajectory image will remain around for a few months before getting recycled. I did this so users can link to the images (for a short time anyway).

Something happened to either you the incorrect image id. Keep an eye on it, and if its still behaving oddly I will dig into it further.

-DallanC

-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests