Urban Combat fun shoot
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 pm
    ----
Heading to the range tomorrow with my father-n-law to participate in an urban combaat fun shoot. We will be using one rifle or any caliber, one pistol of any caliber and one shot gun of any gauge. It is an economical fun shoot to allow people to get involved who may not be able to normally compete. I am a little nervous since i have never participated in such a thing but I think it will be fun. We will be going through the course 3 times. I am taking my 10/22 carbine as it is the only semi auto rifle I have and I am taking my father-n-laws Beretta 9 or my brothers 45 acp (I am not sure yet) and I am taking a Remington 870 express magnum 12 gauge as well.

#2: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: MRFixITLocation: Newbrunswick PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:08 pm
    ----
Sounds like a blast tlo Smile Have fun

#3: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm
    ----
Where is it at tlo-tri county?

#4: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:07 am
    ----
Have a ball mate...it sounds like a real fun shoot.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:18 am
    ----
sounds like a load of fun. keep us posted on how it goes.

#6: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 am
    ----
You will be hooked once you shoot a three gun. ( if it is run well) Some matches you stand around ad wait for 6-7 hours in order to shoot for 2 minutes.

#7: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:40 am
    ----
I would give it a try. Sounds like a great way to get more folks involved. take care...
Joe

#8: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 am
    ----
reloading the shotgun will be your biggest challenge. Take your time, be safe, and enjoy!

#9: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:39 pm
    ----
I had a great time, I had a few hickups with my 10/22 jamming but other then that I had a blast. It was a small group as the gun club we went to is a small club. Everyone was friendly and we had some great laughs. i cannot wait til the next fun shoot.

#10: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:52 pm
    ----
tlo7mm wrote:
i cannot wait til the next fun shoot.

Glad you had a good 1st experience! They are fun and addicting.

#11: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:53 pm
    ----
good to hear it went well... now to sort the 10/22???? what went wrong???

#12: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:58 pm
    ----
Several of the guys that were also shooting said it was the ammo but I have never had a problem with it before. I think I am due to tear it down and do a thorough cleaning.

#13: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 pm
    ----
some .22s are fussy with ammo.love one type and become a jammamatic with another. have you tried the new 42grn winchester powerpoint? my norinco loves the subsonic but is not too fond of the older 40grn std stuff.

#14: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm
    ----
All done, I just finished a thorough cleaning of the action, man was it bad. I have never actually removed the action and cleaned it like that. I will not let it get that bad again. I am going to try out the ammo again but I will probably go back to using CCI's in it. I especially like Stingers. I also have some American Eagle stuff I have been trying to shoot up and have almost succeeded. I haven't had any issues with that ammo so long as I stay away from my high cap clips.

Thanks for the suggestions elvis, I will be giving that a try soon.

#15: Re: Urban Combat fun shoot Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 pm
    ----
be carefull with stingers in a semi too. my big bros stirling packed a sad with it as it sure slams the bolt back.

-> General