'Member when....
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: 'Member when.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 am
    ----
Speakin' of shotty's in the barn....how's them rats doin?!

#17: Re: 'Member when.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 am
    ----
Just an ocassional mouse, but no more rats.

#18: Re: 'Member when.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 am
    ----
Excellent!

I'll sleep better at night in there with less nippin' on the toes and less holes in the walls.

#19: Re: 'Member when.... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:06 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
ByTheWay. Speaking of wooden ships and iron men. I retired from the Navy serving on a wooden ship. USS Pledge (MSO-492)...

A year before I was born. Shocked

Very Happy

Dimitri

#20: Re: 'Member when.... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:41 pm
    ----
....waxed canvas, wodden calls and decoys, Ithica Featherlight's.....waaah!

#21: Re: 'Member when.... Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:29 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
ByTheWay. Speaking of wooden ships and iron men. I retired from the Navy serving on a wooden ship. USS Pledge (MSO-492)...

You mean this one? www.usspledge.com/Pled...ching.html
Don

#22: Re: 'Member when.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 pm
    ----
Yup...That was her. Laminated oak keel. Oak ribs and stringers. With a double layer of douglas fur skin equalling 4" thick. I was stationed on her for 3 years and atained the position of MPA (Main Propulsion Assistant). Senior elisted Engineer.

#23: Re: 'Member when.... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:17 pm
    ----
Hey Bushkatootie there's a web site dedicated to the Pledge, you might even find your photo there. I bet that boat rode high and bounced along, I'm sure not one for a bouncy boat ride.

He's only got
one nerve
left
Suz

#24: Re: 'Member when.... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:37 pm
    ----
It bobbed around on the sea like a cork in an agitated bathtub...When I went aboard the engineers told me that if I had never been sea sick (and I haven't ever been sea sick) that I would on the Pledge underway.

They had a guy follow me around for a day. I smoked a pipe in those days. At sea it was a small "bulldog pipe". By afternoon the guy following me, to insure I didn't cheat, was barfing all over the place because he got the brunt of the smoke from that little pipe.

If you like rock & roll, pitch & yaul. A minesweep is for you.

#25: Re: 'Member when.... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 pm
    ----
great work Dallan congrats to the lad, as Vince says 12 from 25 is not to be sneezed at.my buddy has the same pump gun and loves it. rabbits ,quail, pheasants, ducks, hares, wallaby, and fallow deer have all fallen to it in the last 2 years.

-> General