WSSM Experience
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: WSSM Experience Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:25 pm
    ----
I'm considering the WSSM for my next AR project. It outperforms its .243/.308 Win counterpart. It equals the performance in an –06 case. This would be sweet in an small light AR platform and is pulling on my purse strings.

Crackshot, PaulS, I noticed that you have had WSSMs what do you think? Other?

#2: Re: WSSM Experience Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:31 pm
    ----
For the AR platform it is a good option for upping the power without gettignng an AR -10 lower.

Dedicated Technologies is the maker I have had most information about. I had a friend using the .25 WSSM with great success and I priced a .243 WSSM for coyotes.

Mike is a good guy to work with.

www.dtechsuperstore.com/index.htm

#3: Re: WSSM Experience Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 am
    ----
Slimjim,
If you don't plan on using heavy bullets then the 308 is probably as good at killing as the short mags and at lower recoil levels.

#4: Re: WSSM Experience Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:08 pm
    ----
Just to be sure I understand correctly....... you want the WSSM because it can be utilized in a standard AR platform ??? It's an OAL issue ???

#5: Re: WSSM Experience Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:08 pm
    ----
Right - you need an AR-10 platform which is larger to accomodate .308 class rounds. The WSSM can be fed single stack in the 2.260" OAL restriction of an AR-15 magazine dimension. bolt face is obviously very different too but that is on the upper with the barrel extension appropriately adjusted.

If Slim wants to spend the money - an AR-10 in .308 or .243 would be a whole new rifle - the WSSM would just be an upper for about half the cost.

#6: Re: WSSM Experience Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:05 pm
    ----
I like the smaller/lighter AR-15 frame. Some of the steel magazines give you an OAL of 2.3. You can modify PMags to let the bullet peek out the front and get 2.4" OAL.

www.youtube.com/watch?...ature=fvsr

If I keep my bullet nose length at .7" or below, it should work fine. Maybe feed some VLD single-shot for longer ranges. The .30 WSSM should better the .308. For hunthing I don't need a lot of magazine capacity. I'm close to committing.

#7: Re: WSSM Experience Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:39 am
    ----
I think i need to get a commission from WOA and D-tech....

#8: Re: WSSM Experience Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:53 am
    ----
Dawgdad, you definitely helped me with WOA. I've been following D-tech for some time now. Still getting my head wrapped around all the variables.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions