Missed by that much
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#1: Missed by that much Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:13 pm
    ----
This photo was taken on a cell phone last week after the guy took his friend to Bass Pro Shop to buy his first bow.

The clerk was 'assisting' him in zeroing it in, and, after shooting several arrows, making adjustments etc., the clerk accidently handed him an arrow that was too short. When he drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand and he somehow released it.

They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand because it impaled his finger also!

They are both archery amateurs (I'm thinking the clerk is also?). I don't think the guy who got shot ever had held a bow prior, let alone shoot one...OUCH, OWIES, OW OW OW!

Cheers, Vince

#2: Re: Missed by that much Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm
    ----
OUCH!

-DallanC

#3: Re: Missed by that much Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:02 pm
    ----
I've now got that cringing tingling ooooeeeewwwww feeling.
Thanks Vince.
Was he followed to hospital by a lawyer?

#4: Re: Missed by that much Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:15 pm
    ----
I hope he gets to keep the darned thing after that, heck he's got his own blood on it. I think that would be equal compensation don't you?

Suz

#5: Re: Missed by that much Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 pm
    ----
Might well be Suz...he certainly earned ownership I reckon.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: Missed by that much Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:20 am
    ----
From the looks of it it missed the bones, so it should heal up fine. But OUCH!!!
The luck of it all going wrong.

#7: Re: Missed by that much Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 am
    ----
free archery supplies for life should just about cover it.

#8: Re: Missed by that much Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:27 am
    ----
Dang, OW

#9: Re: Missed by that much Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm
    ----
Ooch, I wasn't expecting that. Almost lost my lunch.

#10: Re: Missed by that much Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:24 pm
    ----
Aowie!!

I think he is scarred for life (pun not intended, but welcomed)

#11: Re: Missed by that much Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm
    ----
WELL, The point Is ??????????????????????????

#12: Re: Missed by that much Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:49 pm
    ----
Don't let a grown man use an undersized arrow?

Don't let an amateur teach another amateur how to use bow?

Guns are safer then bow and arrows?

I could keep going, but why ruin the fun of other people adding their points. Don't forgot to make them funny, let's laugh at his pain while we can still enjoy it. Before one of us does something stupider which we will all then laugh at!

#13: Re: Missed by that much Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:30 pm
    ----
Ow come on guys, it aint that bad. Heck its already up to the flechings, just push it the rest of the way out. Then put a mickey mouse bandage on it. It'll be fine.

#14: Re: Missed by that much Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 pm
    ----
OUCH - What if he did that in a stand and stuck himself to the tree?

#15: Re: Missed by that much Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:59 pm
    ----
44marty wrote:
OUCH - What if he did that in a stand and stuck himself to the tree?

wtf wtf wtf Confused Surprised Shocked Shocked Shocked Mad Mad Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad Sad Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting