I downloaded the software off of here, it downloads fine
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> PointBlank Software

#16: Re: I downloaded the software off of here, it downloads fine Author: 219ZipperLocation: Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:48 pm
    ----
well, I went thru and made sure all my NET files were updated, I shut down the firewall and virus prgs, and rebooted and tried it with all the variations I could and it still throws the same exact error as when the firewall was up.

so...I am at a point where I will just let it slide for a while...I am out of energy to keep trying. No complaints, I am sure its a setting here and NOT the software, so dont think I am upset. Not at all...just lots of other things to deal with for the time being.

No worries. Smile

#17: Re: I downloaded the software off of here, it downloads fine Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:14 pm
    ----
I don't know if this will help or not ........ but, when I first downloaded PB it loaded a number of files in my download folder. One was listed Point Blank and another PBPatcher. I inadvertently opened the file listed Point Blank and it did something very similar to what your describing. It took a little time for me to finally realize "patcher" was the key word. After opening it from there all was good !!!

#18: Re: I downloaded the software off of here, it downloads fine Author: 219ZipperLocation: Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:28 pm
    ----
thx Chambered. I tried everything angle and method I could think of. Nothing changed, always the same response, which tells me its more than likely a setting or software on my system blocking the load. I will look at it more later when I have more time, with the nice fall here I am outside getting lots down to prepare for the onslaught of winter. Smile

-> PointBlank Software