GrandPappy
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: GrandPappy Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 am
    ----
Well, after a most uncomfortable night, my third daughter delivered her first child, our seventh grandchild, and second grand daughter.

She went 9 days overdue and the Drs decided to induce the birth, and when the baby went into distress they opted to do an emergency C Section.

Macushla Rose was born on 18 Oct 2011 at 2:13pm, 6lb 15oz. Mum and bub are doing well. Apparently my daughter had a swing at a Ward Orderly when he bounced her over a metal joiner between two concrete pieces on the way to the Birthing Suite. Even though she had a small dose of morphine at the time, she said it hurt like hell when the trolley bounced. He took it much easier over the next couple apparently. Wish I had been there...would have been funny to see.

Damn, I'm really starting to feel old now...seven grandkids...BUGGER. Shocked Surprised Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#2: Re: GrandPappy Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:02 am
    ----
Congrats Vince, also to Mum and Dad.

#3: Re: GrandPappy Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:07 am
    ----
Thanks mate.

Cheers, Vince

#4: Re: GrandPappy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:48 am
    ----
Congrats to grandpa, grandma and dad. And a Bravo Zulu to mom...

#5: Re: GrandPappy Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
    ----
Congrats Vince to you and your family on the new arrival.

#6: Re: GrandPappy Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 am
    ----
Hey ya old fart ........congrats !!! Party

#7: Re: GrandPappy Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:49 am
    ----
Congrats to all of you! Naturally we'll be waiting for some pics!

#8: Re: GrandPappy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 am
    ----
I would think so...As proud as he sounds you would think we would get some photos.

#9: Re: GrandPappy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 am
    ----
congrats mate, that sounds funny as heck swinging at the orderly, the emergency C section thing can be scary, our first took that way out, good to hear all are doing well.

#10: Re: GrandPappy Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am
    ----
Congrats. Number 7 is always something special, you better teach her well. Wish them all the best.

#11: Re: GrandPappy Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:54 pm
    ----
Congratulations Vince.

Woohoo a brand new grandkid to spoil Very Happy

#12: Re: GrandPappy Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:37 pm
    ----
Love the name! Has a special meaning me thinks.

Congrats gramps! you n' bushy? No fightin' over them rockin' chairs yaold poops!

Spoil her rotten mate, she's got the best and most protective grampy a lass could ever hope for.

#13: Re: GrandPappy Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 pm
    ----
Old eh.
OK I'll agree with you Smile
Glad to hear all eventually turned out well, no doubt about it birthing is one of those times that define life and how slow time can go, as opposed to how fast it goes for us "old" folk.
Best wishes to the family.
Wheres the piccies?

#14: Re: GrandPappy Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm
    ----
Oi- DC nailed it...need pics of Gramps and the wee one!

#15: Re: GrandPappy Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm
    ----
Congrats Vince !!! Oh, and thanks for making me feel just a bit younger. i'm going to be a grandad - first one - in March. SEVEN - Holy Cow!! You'll be a great-grandpa pretty soon??

-> Spam-O-Rama