Seen it all now.
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Seen it all now. Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm
    ----
How not to call attention to yourself.

au.news.yahoo.com/quee...ad-donkey/

Shocked

#2: Re: Seen it all now. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 pm
    ----
Yeah I did that once too. Nuts My boyfriend was on the end of the chain.....well he looked like a dead donkey....

Just
kiddin
Suz

#3: Re: Seen it all now. Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm
    ----
Ya have to letem live to marry them Suz...........

#4: Re: Seen it all now. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:52 am
    ----
Not a good advert for hunting in Australia. The father needs a damn good reef in the arse for this one...assuming he knew the young fella had the firearms and the vehicle.

Most "farm kids" learn to drive, and shoot, at a very young age and it's not at all uncommon that they will take a farm vehicle out into the paddocks on their own.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: Seen it all now. Author: camelLocation: Hillston Nsw Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:36 am
    ----
Looks like he was using it for a drag bait. We used to do this when foxes were worth the effort to shoot and skin. Drag a roo carcase along the dirt road for about 100 km then have a bit of a sleep and shoot on the way home. sometimes you could get 50 or 60 foxes attracted to the bits and pieces left on the road. Of couse we used to shoot the back roads. This was back in the 1970s. We used to find road kill for the drag baits.

#6: Re: Seen it all now. Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 pm
    ----
Sound like a surefire recipe to make a criminal out of a kid, (The sentence I mean) Nothing like thowing him in with a bunch of juvenile delinquents to teach him a bunch of tricks.

#7: Re: Seen it all now. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:46 pm
    ----
Here we goes again.. passing judgements based on a single report on a newspaper, with no background explanation whatsoever..

Ok. lets see..

I can make some assumption too..

Below is based on my WILD A55 ASSUMPTION of the incident, based purely from my single dirt track mind..
It may not even be true but it is plausible..
=====================================================================================

Thursday morning, Boy and dad is going out for a father & son hunting trip.
A little into the trip, the father got a call to help on a nearby cattle station..

Boy's father ask his him to help to check on the gate off the far paddock, because some cow is seen walking in the wrong spot.
Since the gate is at least 26 km away so he have to use dad's ute to get there..
While en-route to the gate, a wild donkey just charged over the trail (common in bush area) and unable to avoid collision,
boy crashed onto the donkey.

Donkey is not dead, however it is heavily injured.
Unable to let the donkey suffer, boy took out the 22lr rifle, he is most familiar with it,
and being sensible he know that a 243 would be overkill and the shotgun recoil is much too strong for his 13 yr old shoulder.
Boy gave the donkey a merciful death..

Now what to do with the dead donkey?
Dad thought the boy not to waste any meat they took, it may be donkey, but it is meat that they could use to feed the dog.
Boy is unable to lift the 500+kg donkey into the bed of the ute, so he opt for the second best,
he took a chain from the ute and use it to drag the donkey behind the ute.

The collision heavily damaged the ute, where the bonnet is lifted badly, boy tie it down with a strap to be able to see through and drive.

Now all this is hard work for a boy, he have just survived a car accident, he have just killed a donkey,
He have damaged the family ute, and he is just 13 years old..
He is now doing things by instinct alone..
All that he thought now is to get back to dad as soon as possible.
He put the 22LR rifle in the ute and starts driving back,
instead of using the twisted and rough paths inside the farm, where the donkey may get tangled up on obstacles,
he thought it is better to use the smoother main drag to get there.

And the story in the newspaper begin..

So is this the fault of the boy?
The father?

#8: Re: Seen it all now. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 pm
    ----
yip thats fesible...
when I was 13 I shot a 180lb +/- 10 lb wild boar just off our farm paddocks my mate and I knew how to catch i,t shoot it, gut it but werent big enough to carry it. we dragged it to the edge of hay paddock and dragged it to the hut with the J1 bedford truck and them waited 2 hours till Dad got back from mustering before we could move it any further. it was a very hot day and we beat the flies but only just.

#9: Re: Seen it all now. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:05 am
    ----
Someone wish to tell me what the boy did that was so wrong?

Dragging a dead carcass isn't illegal here though I not sure about using it for baiting.

Carrying a loaded gun in his vehicle isn't illegal here either. I do it every day that I drive.

Australians have got to get rid of those stupid liberals out of thier government!!

#10: Re: Seen it all now. Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 am
    ----
I like your version Geland, and will know for sure once we hear the boy and his fathers story. Leave it to the liberal newspapers to tell just one side of the story.

#11: Re: Seen it all now. Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Someone wish to tell me what the boy did that was so wrong?

Dragging a dead carcass isn't illegal here though I not sure about using it for baiting.

Carrying a loaded gun in his vehicle isn't illegal here either. I do it every day that I drive.

Australians have got to get rid of those stupid liberals out of thier government!!

Mate, hes in a world of shite buy having the firearms in his possession, he's unlicenced, under aged and unsupervised.
Loaded firearms in the car, firearms not secured IAW the gun laws.
Then you have an unlicensed under aged driver in an unroadworthy vehicle.
In theory, just on the gun law infactions alone he could go to jail for 5 yrs.
Although it only seems that law abiding firearms owners wear this sort of crap, crims that pull armed robberies seem not to get hammered with the same penalties.
Gelands missive could possibly be true, this kid is literally in the middle of nowhere, the nearest town would be 100 miles away there is f***all out there.
Yes we need a change of Government.

-> Spam-O-Rama