Guys, RUOK?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32, 33, 34  Next  :| |:
-> General

#421: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm
    ----
I’m just vegetating in my recliner chair at the moment. I haven’t had the vaccination simply because I don’t trust it yet. As a consequence of this, I try to be sensible and don’t go anywhere I don’t really need to and have developed a new hobby of watching the grass grow in my lawn, oh, and turning quality alcohol…Single Malt Scotch Whisky of course…into urine. I’m also “upgrading” the power potential of my daughter’s 1973 Holden LJ Torana, 202 cu in six cylinder engine, to something that is more “enjoyable”.

Seriously though…I wear a mask when I go out, I avoid crowded places and have reduced contact with people, outside my family group, to a minimum.

#422: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:09 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Unfortunately Geland being vaccinated protects you from serious disease BUT it doesnt stop you spreading it, so lockdown until we can get the majority vaccinated.

The lockdowns are causing more harm than the disease! The concept of zero-COVID with these severe lock-downs is flawed. As you said, dhc4ever, the vaccine doesn't protect you from getting sick and doesn't prevent the spread.This virus is something that we are going to have to learn to live with.

#423: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:11 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:
Unfortunately Geland being vaccinated protects you from serious disease BUT it doesnt stop you spreading it, so lockdown until we can get the majority vaccinated.

The lockdowns are causing more harm than the disease! The concept of zero-COVID with these severe lock-downs is flawed. As you said, dhc4ever, the vaccine doesn't protect you from getting sick and doesn't prevent the spread.This virus is something that we are going to have to learn to live with.

Unfortunately I believe that you are correct in your summations Slim. Hopefully over time, the virus will weaken to the point of it no longer being a major problem, a bit like the influenza virus has over the years.

#424: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:34 pm
    ----
Vince, I am wary of the vaccines but decided to get one for my daughter's sake. She was scared to death that she might carry it to me. She's the hotel manager, constantly being exposed to it by guests, etc. I did a little research and found that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was the "old style", where they use a dead or weakened virus to kick off your immune system. I got it back in AUG and had no side effects at all. Does it work? Heck if I know, and doubt I ever will! I think I had COVID-19 back in FEB 2020 anyway.

#425: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:18 pm
    ----
I just saw a print out of the number of deaths in the USA over the last 10 years. 2019 was average and 2021 was well below average...I smell a rat.

#426: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 pm
    ----
Apparently they were claiming/recording ALL deaths as being COVID related, regardless of any other disease that the patient had at the time of death. I’ve even seen reports where people on their death bed with cancer and other such diseases were recorded as COVID caused deaths. I agree mate…that rat stinks to high heaven.

#427: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 am
    ----
Same here Vince. We had a case in the news the other day - our provincial chief medical officer was doing an update, special news conference, and she gave a total of current covid deaths including one 14 yr old kid. Of course the intent was to show that covid is now killing off our children! Yeah except .... the young guys sister gets on facebook and complains/informs the world that her brother actually died from terminal brain cancer. In his last couple of days he was tested (why?) for covid and came back positive so he was immediately classed as a covid death. No fear mongering here lol, no driving up the numbers to suit the agenda....

#428: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:19 pm
    ----
It’s all about $$$ Grey_Wolf…the more people are vaccinated, the more big pharma make…and their supporters and investors of course. Have a look at the big pharma companies and who’s who amongst their hierarchy. Then have a look at who these people are connected to outside the company. Here in Australia, they apparently identified a number of high profile politicians linked via partners to big pharma…the list looked almost incestuous.

Sooo…there is an agenda at play, and it is in the better interests of big pharma to push the vaccines, with the help of their “friends”.

#429: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:52 am
    ----
Apparently we (here in Canada) have approx 90% vaccination rate of at least one dose and into the 80's for double dosed yet our prime leader Mr. Happy Socks is pushing still for more restrictions and mandates to get more vaccinated. Wtf? With those numbers (if correct) and natural immunity from those having recovered the few left should not be a concern. There is something amiss with this "vaccine".

My own story in dealing with this disaster - my wife got the shots for work (as in must have or gone). The immediate result was she was sent back into menopause, shortly thereafter she started having trouble with her joints and back. Turns out she developed an auto immune disease attacking her joints - think arthritis on steroids. This auto immune disease will eventually fuse her back and ribs and kill her in five to ten years. She is being treated with immune suppressant drugs. As an aside her youngest daughter also developed an auto immune disease targeting the skin - she will be on medication for life to control (not treat) the issue and has to have check ups with her doctor every three months screening for cancer. There are several more people close to me with serious complications arising after receiving the shot. Back to my wife .... she has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She was sent to the city a couple days ago for testing/biopsys. Results in this morning - they may be able to operate and get it all. Yay

Some of you may remember me losing my late wife six years ago to ALS. I am stunned with this turn of events. She had been having troubles most of the winter but we thought is was something else that had flared up. None of this "extra" stuff came up till after she got those damned shots. No way in hell I will submit to them.

#430: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:42 am
    ----
Very sorry to hear that Grey_Wolf. Life is can be pretty unfair for sure.

I know a guy who has had about every hard knock you can think of thrown at him... and then, just when he thought it couldn't get worse, his entire apartment building burned down. He's now literally down to the clothes on his back and a mentally ill mother he was caring for. I found out about his situation yesterday, pretty crazy.

I hope things work out in the best possible way for your Wife. Its pretty remarkable the medical solutions available.

-DallanC

#431: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:53 pm
    ----
WOW...I'm really sorry to hear of your wife's afflictions...and her daughter's... no doubt courtesy of these damned vaccines. Like her, I was blackmailed into receiving the shots, so I am waiting to see what the outcome of that will be. Please pass on my commisserations and prayers for a positive recovery, especially with the cancer.

Likewise with your mate...I'm really sorry to hear of his bad luck and loss.

As an aside...it's my understanding that, certainly at this time, there is no such thing as natural immunity. You can get the virus more than once, although I don't know how much you suffer on sibsequent infections.

#432: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:52 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
WOW...I'm really sorry to hear of your wife's afflictions...and her daughter's... no doubt courtesy of these damned vaccines. Like her, I was blackmailed into receiving the shots, so I am waiting to see what the outcome of that will be. Please pass on my commisserations and prayers for a positive recovery, especially with the cancer.

Likewise with your mate...I'm really sorry to hear of his bad luck and loss.

As an aside...it's my understanding that, certainly at this time, there is no such thing as natural immunity. You can get the virus more than once, although I don't know how much you suffer on sibsequent infections.

Thanks Vince. You are right, you can get it more than once though I do believe there is still a natural immunity so to speak. I had it early on, January 2020, and believe I had it again about a month or so ago (I wasn't tested but SWMBO was and was positive) which would have been the omicron variety. The second time around was very mild. I am not, nor have I ever been concerned about this illness. Lotta hype imo

#433: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:57 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
Very sorry to hear that Grey_Wolf. Life is can be pretty unfair for sure.

I know a guy who has had about every hard knock you can think of thrown at him... and then, just when he thought it couldn't get worse, his entire apartment building burned down. He's now literally down to the clothes on his back and a mentally ill mother he was caring for. I found out about his situation yesterday, pretty crazy.

I hope things work out in the best possible way for your Wife. Its pretty remarkable the medical solutions available.

-DallanC

Thanks Dallan. Do you remember the old D.C. comic strip that used to be in the newspapers about a hundred years ago? There was one character that always walked around with a dark storm cloud hanging over him - that's kinda how I feel. Some potential good news today - it doesn't look like it has spread. Though that isn't coming from the surgeon. We see him Monday

#434: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:57 am
    ----
Some good news. After almost a month in the hospital Mrs. Wolf will be coming home late this week or early next. They have to sort out home care, meds and administration of them. She's developed a twitch (likely from the high dose of pain meds) and a wee bit of brain fog so she can't safely administer them to herself while I'm at work.
Truth be told I think they just want the bed back. Her first appointment to see an oncologist isn't till April 21, yes that's a month away but we are being told that is "fast" or at least faster than normal. Her sister used to do cancer research (now teaches at the U) is going thru her contacts to try and speed things up - seems to be making headway too.

#435: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:27 pm
    ----
any progress is good progress.... pleased to hear she is at home.lots of love and laughter will help no end.

Wife n I have just spent glorious week up in north island,pottering around doing odd jobs for my elderly parents. I was the most relaxed I have been for quite some time...amazing what getting away from stress of work does for a chap. Dad recovering from a double stroke last month,he had another one a couple of years ago so is fortunate to still be mobile,just a little shakey on legs at times and a few headaches but otherwise same as always just a lot older and slower.
made sure to give my old mum lots of cuddles while I still can.

we hired a hybrid car...that was interesting to say the least,moving off with no noise was weird.no warm up when starting up,weird.
we used very little fuel at all,being on flat ground here in south canterbury I cannot see it being a huge advantage as no downhill to recharge batteries.but up north where lots of hills,its interesting to watch the batteries recharge.

-> General