muzzle loader report
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#1: muzzle loader report Author: SpacedoneLocation: missouri PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:01 am
    ----
hey what a great deer season in missouri. during gun season i got one small button buck with my 303 enfield longbranch and yesturday i got my first muzzle loader deer {ever}.

just at dark i spotted a large doe just coming out to the edge of a smallish field. about 90 yards. i pulled up my smoke pole and squinted down my fine sights aiming for the sweet spot . pulled the trigger and a cloud of smoke blinded me of course. looking i no longer saw the deer. grabbing my binocs i scanned the edge and didnt see anything nor did i hear the deer running off. lighting a smoke i sat back cussing myself as i have been shooting my ML for many years and thought i was pretty good with it even being a member of a local ML group.

getting out of my stand i decide well ill go check for blood and see if i even hit that doe. walking the 110 paces i got to where i shot at the deer. well she was right where i had shot at her. i had hit her left shoulder and at a angle went thru and took out her heart. apparently she had dropped right there and died without moving.

man i need a deepfreeze. she dressed out at about 180 pounds with no bloodshot meat worth mentioning.

50 cal bobcat muzzle loader
100 grains pyrodex
385 grain real bullet

a half inch hole in the shoulder and a 2 inch hole in the heart and a 3 inch exit wound.

ive got one more tag and if it wasnt raining like hades id be in the woods right now.

i still need a bow deer but ive got time and need to eat more room into the freezer.

sticks out chin beats chest and does a very poor tarzen yell

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcoughrrrrrwwwwwggggsputtercoughaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahackhack

#2: Well done! Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:54 am
    ----
Glad to read of your successful hunt. All the best...
Gil

#3: Re: muzzle loader report Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:35 pm
    ----
GOOD JOB! Space! enjoy your venison. Very Happy

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting