Blame Stovepipe He Started It!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> General

#61: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:43 pm
    ----
FN's good side

#62: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:46 pm
    ----
Sam has a joke, Do you know what you smell like after cycling in a storm?

You smell like Hail!

#63: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm
    ----
fnuser wrote:
FN's good side

I buy bikes, or I always fit proper fenders to bikes first thing, before I even sit on the seat for the first time, I hate that back wash situation.

Ones that are fully screwed down and not just on the seat post etc ...

www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC...enders.jsp

Dimitri

#64: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 pm
    ----
Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha

Cheers, Vince

#65: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 am
    ----
FN- what size frame you riding????

#66: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 am
    ----
Here's something for you to strive to emulate Stovey...

This isn't like any bike ride I've taken. No motor Eddie! Has sound (music) but one doesn’t need it for the effect of WOW!

THE GUY RIDING THE BIKE IN THIS FILM IS ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE! THIS WAS FILMED IN SCOTLAND, AND THE COUNTRYSIDE IN THE BACKGROUND IS WORTH THE WATCH!

What imagination, reflexes and skill!

This is insane, and the guy is no young kid either...... Plus the added bonus of some great shots of Scotland

His bike is an extension of his body.

www.youtube.com/watch_...&vq=medium

Cheers, Vince

#67: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: camelLocation: Hillston Nsw Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:32 am
    ----
Jaw Drop Good watch, thanks Vince, much better than ya jokes. Very Happy

#68: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:36 am
    ----
58-60; Kinda depends on the purpose and who makes it.

Last edited by fnuser on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#69: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:46 am
    ----
Thanks for sharing Vince and your jokes aren't that bad,, Confused

#70: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:18 am
    ----
Oooh yes they are....!!

#71: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:25 am
    ----
Thanks Vince -AMAZING video and beautiful scenery

#72: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 pm
    ----
Kona Pic it's a 59 This was on a 100 miler I finished Saturday

#73: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:21 pm
    ----
I don't ever see any lugged frames around here anymore, every body has switched to some alloy or carbon, I saw a lugged titanium that made me look twice, I didn't realize it was Ti till the owner asked me if I was really riding steel. I assured him I was and then he said his was Ti. It wasn't any faster. And mine rolled alot better down the hills. Mine rolls past alot of bikes going down hills I don't even have to pedal. It weighs about17#-18# depending on what is under the seat. I think it is the Velocity custom wheels made in AUS that makes the dif. If it ain't steel it ain't real.

#74: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:56 pm
    ----
I've actually been to the Velocity Wheels factory...it is about a 15 minute drive from my home. My son-in-law who is a bicycle mechanic (one of the best I've heard) swears by these wheels. I had to pick up a few for the shop he works in one day, and had a chance to see how they actually make these wheels...very interesting.

Cheers, Vince

#75: Re: Blame Stovepipe He Started It! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:22 pm
    ----
So I started biking already this year, but on the 15th my rear tire tube blew, which due to the bumpy road I didn't notice for short bit, anyways replaced the tube and the next day my entire tire popped right out. Turns out I opened up the wheel rim the day before, so bought a new bike, nothing fancy a Norco Indie 4, which I plan on "upgrading" sometime before the fall with a Shimano Alfine up set up for the rear wheel.

As I said above, first thing I did is install new fenders, then the bike rack, computer (from my old bike), water bottle holder and a coffee cup holder. Very Happy

The bike in the back is the girlfriends.

Dimitri

-> General