Winter Storm coming
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:32 am
    ----
Pretty pic. Good luck finding the ball! Wow. Little birdy house reminds me of the one we had at the Ponderosa in Wa. that snowed up like that. Dad used to take a pic of it the first snow and use it as a holiday card and stuff.

#17: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 pm
    ----
maybe we should swap domicile one day..
here it cost us an arm and a leg to go to the snow.
and I believe you guys would pay a lot to bake and sweat in the beach too.
We have glorious morning today..
Perfect blue sky, no cloud and 20 Celsius.

#18: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:28 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
maybe we should swap domicile one day..
here it cost us an arm and a leg to go to the snow.
and I believe you guys would pay a lot to bake and sweat in the beach too.
We have glorious morning today..
Perfect blue sky, no cloud and 20 Celsius.

Our bake and sweat on the beach is called Florida..

#19: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:49 pm
    ----
I don't have much interest in the beach...... hard to carry concealed, and no ranges on the beach.

#20: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:00 pm
    ----
A fanny pack good way to carry on the beach...and Seagulls make good target pratice.. Shooting

#21: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm
    ----
I'm with Gelan...magnificent beach weather at the moment. Its been between 30*C and 35*C the past few days here. The missus and I are going for drives just for the air con in the car...non in the house. I'm sweating like...nope better not say that...anywayz its dripping off me.

Looking forward to some cooler weather...been sleeping on top of the bed with a fan going, no sheet or blankets for months now.

Hey...hang on...global warming...our Govt has worked out a way to solve that problem...hit us all with a BIG mongrel Carbon Tax. That'll teach Mother Nature to mess us around. Nothing like a tax on something to solve the problem, eh. Confused Confused Mad Mad

Cheers, Vince

Last edited by Vince on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
I'm with Gelan...magnificent beach weather at the moment. Its been between 30*F and 35*F the past few days here.
Cheers, Vince

Brrr, I hope you mean 30*C and 35*C.

I thought last year your PM did not want to pursue a carbon tax because it would put to much of a burden on industries and business with the way the economy is right now.

#23: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:21 am
    ----
Yep...meant Celcius mate...now edited. Water at 30*F - 35*F is what I call "spanner water"...really tightens things. wtf Laughing Laughing

Yep...correct...one of her election promises was NO carbon tax...well now she has reneged and the people are not happy. If an election was called today she would be down that well know gurgler commonly referred to as the sh1t shute. Personally, I've never liked her...she appears anything but genuine to me, and the same applies to our State Premier...she is no better...both are attention seekers and media hogs.

Cheers, Vince

#24: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Yep...meant Celcius mate...now edited. Water at 30*F - 35*F is what I call "spanner water"...really tightens things. wtf Laughing Laughing

Yep...correct...one of her election promises was NO carbon tax...well now she has reneged and the people are not happy. If an election was called today she would be down that well know gurgler commonly referred to as the sh1t shute. Personally, I've never liked her...she appears anything but genuine to me, and the same applies to our State Premier...she is no better...both are attention seekers and media hogs.

Cheers, Vince
HEY! we have one of those here in the good old USofA

#25: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:09 pm
    ----
Ahh New Zealand.
Its just starting to cool off overnite now, I mite have to retire my shorts and jandals for commuting to work. Autumn is just about here and that means "The Roar" , that means hunting. trees are changing colour and dropping their leaves.
I hope that our balmy weather isn't replaced with murderous winter conditions like you guys in the states. I've seen plenty of snow but I don't want it round me here.

Mite have to change the cold beers for a shot or two of fine Irish!

Radar

#26: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:43 pm
    ----
Radar wrote:
Its just starting to cool off overnite now, I mite have to retire my shorts and jandals for commuting to work....Mite have to change the cold beers for a shot or two of fine Irish!

Same here mate...I actually pulled up the bed sheet over me the last couple of nights.

Irish...you sweet talkin' devil you Laughing although I'd be just as happy with a nice Islay Single Malt Scottish Whisky.

Cheers, Vince

#27: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:16 pm
    ----
Snow today here in NC! It was 78 F here last Wed...

#28: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm
    ----
Still very much winter here. Made it to 25 above today, a heat wave. Roads were in pretty bad shape. My wife almost made it to town before she slid off the road in a snowdrift. Guess studded snowtires really never helped all that much. But she is a woman driver. Maybe next week will be better. Smile

-> General