PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file
-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests

#1: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: txtaxmanLocation: North East Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm
    ----
Since I updated to PointBlank V2.0.6, the program closes down when it tries to load my Bullets_User.slk file. The error message says PointBlank has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Has there been a change to the way the Bullets_User.slk file is handled, such as a limit on the number of lines allowed? I have worked with it some and could get it load with only a few lines, but it will not load the whole thing.

I have spent quite a bit of time filling in the blanks and adding new bullets to my Bullets_User.slk file, and I have attached it as a zip file. It is offered as a token of my appreciation for the Point Blank Ballistics Program. Perhaps you will consider including this data in place of the present bullet data in the bullets.slk file where applicable.

Thanks again for a super program.

Reagan

#2: Re: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 pm
    ----
Wow...there that is a now a very comprehensive list mate...well done.

Hang around, grab a beer and pull up a stump...DallanC won't be too far away mate.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:56 pm
    ----
Sorry I've been too busy today with sick family to look into this. I will make it a priority and get a fix pushed up by tomorrow.

Off the top of my head, there shouldnt be anything that has changed with respect to any of the user files and reading them. But I'll get it figured out asap.

-DallanC

#4: Re: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 pm
    ----
Ok being mighty curious, I decided to take a quick look into this... the problem is fairly easy to see.

There needs to be 6 data fields per entry in the bullets database: Manufacturer, Diameter, Weight, Description (model), BC and SD. In your bullets_user.slk file, on the Hornady .338 caliber, 285 bullet you are missing the SD field. If you dont know it enter a 0.

I will attempt to bullet proof the file loading later so that it will at least popup a message box alerting the user to an error in his data.

So for now, make sure you arent missing data for any fields.

-DallanC

#5: Re: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 am
    ----
Sorry to hear the family isn't well mate...hopefully only the typical winters coughs and colds. It always seems so much worse with kids though.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: txtaxmanLocation: North East Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 am
    ----
DallanC wrote:
Ok being mighty curious, I decided to take a quick look into this... the problem is fairly easy to see.

There needs to be 6 data fields per entry in the bullets database: Manufacturer, Diameter, Weight, Description (model), BC and SD. In your bullets_user.slk file, on the Hornady .338 caliber, 285 bullet you are missing the SD field. If you dont know it enter a 0.

I will attempt to bullet proof the file loading later so that it will at least popup a message box alerting the user to an error in his data.

So for now, make sure you arent missing data for any fields.

-DallanC

That was quick and right on too. I had called myself checking the data, but I missed that one. The corrected bullets_user.slk file is attached in case anyone is interested.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your family, DallanC.

Reagan

#7: Re: PointBlank V2.0.6 Problem with Bullets_User.slk file Author: txtaxmanLocation: North East Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
Wow...there that is a now a very comprehensive list mate...well done.

Hang around, grab a beer and pull up a stump...DallanC won't be too far away mate.

Cheers, Vince

Well, Vince, since that is squared away, I believe I will have one.

Reagan

-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests