Shooting military arms
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Shooting military arms Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:48 pm
    ----
I took a new shooter to the range this past weekend and he had never fired a firearm in his life. The guy is middle aged and a successful businessman originally from Poland. For some reason he wanted to try target shooting. He shot the M1 Garand and did rather well.

We moved over to the handgun range and he shot the 1911A1. The trigger was a challenge and he did not do very well. Then I handed him a P-38 and he fired at clay pigeons on the target embankment at 25 yards. He started hitting the clay birds and really liked the Walther. Now he wants to buy some guns. Later that day I saw him at a local gun shop handling every firearm in the place. He joined the gun club and agrees to willingly drive over 100 miles to go shooting.

Thought you folks might find this interesting and inspiring. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Shooting military arms Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:44 pm
    ----
Well he sure started out with one of the most important rifles in US history,Garands are great.Its too bad they arent legal for hunting here in PA,I would love to take mine deer hunting,maybe someday out of state.Glad to hear about a new shooter, I hope its a long and enjoyable experience for him.

#3: Re: Shooting military arms Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:47 am
    ----
Shocked Why can you not use an M-1 for hunting in PA?? If you were to get the 5 round clips would it not be legal?? Can you not use any semi-auto or what?

#4: Re: Shooting military arms Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:03 pm
    ----
PA does not allow autoloading rifles or pistols for hunting.You can use autoloading shotguns for small game and turkeys but not for deer.

#5: Re: Shooting military arms Author: calsibley PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:37 pm
    ----
I let a younger man use my M96 Swedish mause at the range. He was so impressed he offered me about twice what it was worth, but I can't see selling my rifles or shotguns, especially the military ones that I've sunk a lot of time into restoring. These things become treasures to us I guess. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

#6: Re: Shooting military arms Author: SpacedoneLocation: missouri PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:28 pm
    ----
centerfire arms is a good place to order milsurp firearms and AIM has new 303 enfields in {new in like 1942 lol}

i have a no5 jungle carbine and a no 1 mkIII lithgow and a no 4 mk I* longbranch which i took one deer with this year.

they are cheap but very effective on north american large game

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions