Knife question
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: Knife question Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:16 pm
    ----
Anyone ever us a Buck 103 Skinner? I really want one and have for some time and I was curious what anyone thinks of it.

#2: Re: Knife question Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:16 pm
    ----
is that crickets? maybe you could post a picture probably someone has experience with a knife of similar design or blade shape?

#3: Re: Knife question Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:34 pm
    ----
looks like a fine shape. my bro in law has one its as hard as nails keeps its edge but very hard to get an edge on.only fault I can see is the handle is too small for my liking.

#4: Re: Knife question Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 pm
    ----
Thats the knife

#5: Re: Knife question Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 pm
    ----
I use the Buck Zipper and really like it.

#6: Re: Knife question Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:44 am
    ----
I have the BUCK Omni Hunter...great knives BUCK.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: Knife question Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:19 pm
    ----
Been wanting to test drive one of those gut hooks !!!

#8: Re: Knife question Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:

I love Gut Hooks Very Happy Open's them like a Zipper Very Happy

#9: Re: Knife question Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 pm
    ----
I was struggling a little trying to field dress a deer with another brand of knife when a buddy told me to try his Buck Zipper. Wow! I bought one right away.

#10: Re: Knife question Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:53 pm
    ----
after watching the graf bros video of dressing out a deer to carry out using just a mercator pocket knife thats what I carry with a spare pocket knife aswell.

#11: Re: Knife question Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 am
    ----
I also carry a minimum of two knives when out hunting Elvis. A couple of good skinning knives and a good folder. Usually have my Leatherman not too far away either.

You never know when you might just need another one.

Cheers, Vince

#12: Re: Knife question Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:37 pm
    ----
shrpshtrjoe wrote:
chambered221 wrote:

I love Gut Hooks Very Happy Open's them like a Zipper Very Happy

I've never seen the appeal or need for a gut-hook knife. Seems to me like you would have a razor sharp edge staring you down and waitin' for you to slip...

#13: Re: Knife question Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:28 pm
    ----
tlo7mm wrote:
Anyone ever us a Buck 103 Skinner? I really want one and have for some time and I was curious what anyone thinks of it.

The Buck 103 is a great skinning knife and really holds its edge well. For field dressing, the Swingblade can't be beat - I like it even better than the gut hook style knives. Razor sharp out of the box and also holds its edge.

-> Big Game Hunting