The Farmer and the 4 year old.
-> Jokes & Humor

#1: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: cbsweeneyLocation: New York PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:45 pm
    ----
A farmer was helping one of his cows give birth when he noticed his 4-year-old son standing wide-eyed at the fence, soaking in the whole event.

The man thought, "Great... he's 4 and I'm gonna have to start explaining the birds and bees. No need to jump the gun, I'll just let him ask and I'll answer."

After everything was over, the man walked over to his son and said: "Well, son, do you have any questions?"

"Just one," gasped the still wide-eyed lad:

"How fast was that calf going when he hit that cow?" Shocked

#2: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 pm
    ----
That is a good one cbs! The kid had the right perspective.

This actually happened to me when I was about that age on my grandfather's farm. We were out in the pasture when one of his cows gave birth. I was pretty wide-eyed. When we jumped back in the truck to head back to the house, I asked "Grandpa?" but before I could finish he blurted out, "you've seen it, I've seen it, now you know just as much as me! So there is no need to ask any more questions!"

#3: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: cbsweeneyLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:28 am
    ----
That's funny Slimjim!
We have friends that are diary farmers up-state, and watching my youngest daughter with thier cows is too funny. Here she is feeding them apples. They followed her around all day!

#4: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 am
    ----
cbsweeney wrote:
They followed her around all day!

They know a friend when they see one! The little heifers remind of another time I got in minor trouble. I made “friends” with a small heifer (young cow but not considered a calf). We used to wrestle and he would try to butt me. We played all the time. Well, one day the one-eyed farm hand was carrying two pails of fresh milk down the barn. The heifer was tied up on the side with his glass eye. The hand walked a bit too close and didn’t see it coming. The heifer had enough leash to take him out. Boy, it was a while before I stopped hearing about that.

#5: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:26 pm
    ----
My daughter and her ex used to manage and work dairy farms, and I would occasionally assist them with milking etc.

They always kept the calves close to the dairy for ease of feeding with buckets of milk. We took the grandkids into the calf pens one day and they were having a ball letting the calves suck their fingers. We heard a yelp from the youngest and had a huge laugh...the calf had sucked his arm in up to the elbow (he was about 2 yr old). No harm done, but very funny and the little fella wasn't scared or alarmed.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
the calf had sucked his arm in up to the elbow

I gather his momma wasn't there if everyone thought it was a good laugh?

#7: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:36 am
    ----
ooh shucks it was just 'armless' fun

#8: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:29 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
cbsweeney wrote:
They followed her around all day!

They know a friend when they see one! The little heifers remind of another time I got in minor trouble. I made “friends” with a small heifer (young cow but not considered a calf). We used to wrestle and he would try to butt me. We played all the time. Well, one day the one-eyed farm hand was carrying two pails of fresh milk down the barn. The heifer was tied up on the side with his glass eye. The hand walked a bit too close and didn’t see it coming. The heifer had enough leash to take him out. Boy, it was a while before I stopped hearing about that.

I hope yer grandparents weren't relying on "male" heifers to replenish their milkin' stock. That MIGHT contaminate the local milk supply....

#9: Re: The Farmer and the 4 year old. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:32 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Vince wrote:
the calf had sucked his arm in up to the elbow

I gather his momma wasn't there if everyone thought it was a good laugh?

Mum was there as well...she was laughing along with the rest of us...she and her husband were running the dairy, so it wasn't an issue to her.

Cheers, Vince

-> Jokes & Humor