eledtronic caller
-> Varmint Hunting

#1: eledtronic caller Author: hunthard24/7Location: Southeast Missouri PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 pm
    ----
I've been looking at elec. callers and was wondering if anyone had used the flextone calls. I just seen them in cabelas and hadn't heard of them before just looking for some feedback on them. I've decided on either that or the foxpro spitfire. Any help would be appreciated.

#2: Re: eledtronic caller Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:06 am
    ----
pm vmaster59, he should be up on what's best.

#3: Re: eledtronic caller Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:37 pm
    ----
I have the Foxpro Spitfire. I did a complete review over on CoyoteGods.com. Although it worked pretty well at first, I started having trouble out of it. It would decide on it's own whether or not it wanted to change sounds when I asked it to. Mad I think it had a moisture problem since it is not sealed. wtf Also had problems with signal between remote and unit. This stems from the fact both have internal antennae. All in all, and although I am still using it, I would not buy it if I had it to do over again.

I don't have any experience with the Flextone calls. I am a little leery of them based on the price.

I'll end this by saying that I have had more success with mouth calls than electronics. An electronic repeats itself over and over and coyotes get wise really fast. I can make a mouth call sound different most every hunt and can change tones (by changing calls) much cheaper than changing electronic calls.

Good luck. Save some money and learn to use a mouth call first, just to see if you like doing this.

#4: Re: eledtronic caller Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:59 pm
    ----
good advice tcknight
my mate has a electronic duck caller the volume isnt too flash and it is not as realistic as a blown caller.

-> Varmint Hunting