Yah first time on a ECG machine ...
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:18 pm
    ----
Apparently I am full of stress. Cause I had a "episode" which the doctor figures was caused by stress. Confused

So many electrical probes, so little time. Fishing tomorrow morning I think. AWAY from the rest of the world.

Dimitri

#2: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:05 pm
    ----
Dimi!! Didja have a little arrhythmia? I have that goin on. Take pills for it actually mine is called atrial fibrillation. My episodes can last for days, has quieted down now. I get one or two a month. Just something I have to live with, along with taking pills. Gets worse as you get older I'm told but at your age it might be something that goes away all together. Yep keep the stress down because you actually aren't aware of when you are stressed. It's kinda like high blood pressure in that it's something you can't feel. Stress is a weird thing that way. You would think it would be easy to tell when you're stressed but guess what? it also happens when you sleep. Another thing about your heart that they don't teach in health class is hormones play a huge part in stress. That's why men have heart attacks in the morning and women have them in the evening. Men have a hormone surge in the morning (the tented blanket syndrome) women have that same thing happen in the evening. If you multiply the hormone surge with stress you have a time bomb ticking, if you're not in good shape. (Just thought I'd scare the beeejewels outa you)

Take care Dimi, and (the rest of you) take care of your heart!

Dr.
Suz

#3: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 pm
    ----
Hey there Mitri' been there done that, but they couldn't get my heart rate high enough to see if there was a problem. Turned out that I wasn't havin ticker problems just an old rugby injury (broken rib and a floating rib) were still movin about causing a god awful pain on "that side" of my chest. Chill out and relax with a gun or fishing pole sounds like good medicine for stress!

#4: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:09 pm
    ----
Holy sh1te 'Mitri.....you gotta de-stress mate. You are far too young to be suffering those sort of problems.

Look for the cause of your stress mate...the definition of stress is:

"The situation created when
the mind overrides the body's desire
to choke the living bejesus out of some moron
who desperately needs it !"

Best way to deal with stress is to stay right away from any stressors...if possible...otherwise...deal with them.

Take it easy buddy...fishing, camping, bush walking and hunting are all good relaxing past-times.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 pm
    ----
not good D I strongly recomend a day at the waterside with a deck chair a chilly bin of beer and a jar of worms needing swimming lessons. oh yeah a fishing pole will help to prevent drownings of course. take it easy old bean.

#6: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 pm
    ----
Very sound and sage advice Elivis. Well said mate.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 pm
    ----
I too have heart problem, I only have 3 heart valves working instead of the usual 4 valves.

Best way to fight stress for me is
I go to the bush and KILL something every so often..
Works for me..

#8: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:41 am
    ----
You know the heart situation couldn't have been too serious, otherwise they would have required you to use the rectal probe ... or ... they wouldn't have let you off to go fishing.

#9: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:21 am
    ----
If they didn't let me go fishing (no I didn't catch anything but still), I'd have probably started to break their instruments. Laughing

Dimitri

#10: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:51 pm
    ----
sometimes we need to catch fish, other times we need to go fishing. the chilly bin of beer helps too.

#11: Re: Yah first time on a ECG machine ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm
    ----
I generally bring my flask with whiskey for drinking while fishing. Less space. Smile

Dimitri

-> Spam-O-Rama