What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:45 pm
    ----
Chambered Duh fun!

#17: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel f Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:18 am
    ----
wtf Well Duh right back at ya..........the fun part was a given !!!

Here's me spending my time looking at ballistics and some numbers trying to gather info to par-take in this cause I happen to be intrigued with the ole 1/4 bore .
Don't know if you want something for hunting, long distance target or maybe just being the odd ball with a varmint rig.

Either way sorry to bother ya !!! Good luck figuring it all out.........what ever the hell your doing !!!

#18: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel f Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:41 am
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
looking at ballistics and some numbers trying to gather info to par-take in this cause

fnuser, do you have an on-line source for looking at the .257 TCU load data?

#19: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:11 pm
    ----
yep, i have some that don't plug in too chambered don't do me any favors no one asked you, just participate and play nice if you want to. Or don't.

#20: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:19 pm
    ----
FN, Your title stated "or anyone else".......kinda thought that included me !!!

I started looking at some numbers and figured I needed to understand what your purpose of this rig would be so I simply asked. I'm sorry if you somehow took offense to my asking about the intended use.

Once again sorry to bother you...........won't happen again !!! Good Luck !!!

#21: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 pm
    ----
I love boys fighting....makes me hot..

Suz

#22: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 pm
    ----
Seems chambered's vacation has already worn off.

#23: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:13 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:

Suz

Careful, Suz, you might incite a riot.

#24: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:

Suz
Don't you mean hotter?

#25: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm
    ----
That's right, fnuser. Suzanne is already Hot!

Oops, should I have said that!?!?

#26: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:58 pm
    ----
Any more? I guess they're checkin each other out. Nobody wants to throw the first punch. FN's got an eye on his 'duh-fun' and Chambered's lookin for his 'play-nice' game plan. Keep it rollin guys or there'll never be any fun. It's really great discussions like this that make this board so interesting. Keep your cool(s) and remove the emotions. Start fresh-- the slate is clean--nobody's hurt, that was yesterday, this is today. I wanna learn something too ya know and I'm willing to take a few punches on the sidelines but gettin constipated in the middle of a great thread is a killer. Take some ex-lax and poop out the hidden genius inside both of you. I can't wait!

Suz

#27: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
Suz the Soliloquizer wrote:
but gettin constipated in the middle of a great thread is a killer. Take some ex-lax and poop out the hidden genius inside both of you. I can't wait!

No two ways about it Suz...you sure have a way with words mate. Very Happy Very Happy

But, I agree with ya mate...both guys have a ealth of knowledge to share...so c'mon guys...out wiv it. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#28: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:55 am
    ----
Suz, you crack me up more than any joke that's been posted in the last month!!

In looking for some handload data on the Internet, I came across this snippet.

"If you are still interested, I have lots of info and data on the 257 TCU. Matter of fact, before it came along, it was actually the 25 Copperhead. John Wooters from Texas developed it, necking up a 222 Remington case to 25 caliber. It was featured in Handloader Magazine, around 1969"

Still haven't come across any real load data. Maybe I'll try 25 Ugalde for the next search.

#29: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:55 pm
    ----
careful slim that 25 copperhead isn't exactly the same cartridge, the .25 Ugalde is the .223 case necked up and improved there is a small volume difference but in cases this small its a bigger percentage then it would be otherwise (like a -06 case) so the pressure could be dangerous using a .25 ugalde load in a .25 copperhead. but the other way would be a good starting point. If you look at the history of the .222 and the .223; the .223 was a design change the Gov't spec'd. Also we will have to watch overall cartridge length as alot of loads listed for the Ugalde will be for contenders that can accept alot longer cartridge, i.e. the bullets seated out we won't have this luxury in a firearm that is loaded from a standard mag. So our volume will be considerably less then a cartridge loaded over a c.o.a.l. of 2.26 inches. There is also some data floating around out there for a 25-222 Remington magnum. still yet another cartridge.

Last edited by fnuser on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

#30: Re: What if...for slimjim by request, or anyone else, feel free. Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 pm
    ----
Suz don't worry if you don't see any new posts for awhile unless there are questions I'll probably just add a line every now and then when there is a new development. (pictures of stuff ) the speculative stage is over, we are on to the physical gathering of parts and assembly phase. The proof will be in the pudding.

Last edited by fnuser on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions