2012 End of the world?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: 2012 End of the world? Author: ErnyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 am
    ----
I doubt it. It would seem to me laughable that a Myan calendar that stops at 2012, written hundreds of years ago can be interpreted as the end of the world! For a start, take the authors of this calender, the Mayan race. They used to sacrifice a prisoner on a daily basis by cutting out their hearts and offering it up to their Sun God for prosperity! They were such geniuses, that they used to dump the bodies into their water supply, which eventually was so polluted it render it poisonous & undrinkable!
As far as the hysteria on earth quakes & volcanic eruptions etc, most can be explained by media exploitation, using the speed & convenience of the Internet and satellite technology! When i was a kid, the news was presented in a couple of simple formats! 1. Sunday papers. 2. Movietone news before the movie at the cinema. 3. Radio. As far as the frequency of these disasters, compared to 50 years ago can be explained as a natural earth cycle, or more probably, caused due to the Nukes that have been tested underground for years, and they are the ones we know about. But of cause no one will talk about that, as we can point the finger to a lot of nations that are responsible. Well that's my theory, and i am sticking to it until Dimitri comes up with something better! Very Happy

Cheers erny.

#2: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: kyhareraiser PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 pm
    ----
not even the angels in heaven or the son of GOD himself don't know when the LORD will return and turn this place to ashes

#3: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:14 pm
    ----
In December 2012 I will be getting ready for Christmas. If folks liked Y2K, bird flu and swine flu; they will love the end of the world hype. Take care...
Joe

#4: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:43 pm
    ----
Crap! Nobody told me! I have a lot of things to do before the end of the world. I thought gettin old was bad, but when you rush it up a bit to 2012 then it's serious. Ok well first off I have some things to sell. A boat, a car , a truck, a house maybe a few guns....there's some I want to hug on the way down. Lesseeeee reloading dies, some will have to go, a lawnmower and all the yard implements really, won't need to do that any more. I have a number of antiques I won't have use for....may as well quit my job right now....that'll be nice. I think what I'll do is book a flight somewhere on the fateful day and watch everything go from above, that'd be cool! Then just fly off into the sunset. Eatin peanuts...hopefully won't have to pay for drinks.

Suz

#5: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm
    ----
Sounds like a good excuse (as if we really need one) to load a bunch more ammo and practice shooting.

#6: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm
    ----
Suz and Hoffy....yours are the best plans I've seen yet....I'm with you.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:31 am
    ----
Vince -
Watch out; the sky will fall upon your head.
I'm thinking:

I WILL turn 45
I WILL watch my son Graduate from University / Police academy etc
I WILL wake up feeling this is a great planet
I won't be a doomsayer or caught up,in all the media generated B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it does end: SO WHAT I WON"T BE THERE TO GRIZZLE ABOUT IT!

ENUFF said.

#8: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: metz3601 PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:51 am
    ----
most of the whole end of the world thing is just the media/ hollywood looking for a good storyline...... if you want to get really technical about it though, the Mayans actually sacrifices were considered an honor and only outstanding citizens... virgins.... etc.... were sacrificed, they wouldnt want to send the gods their criminals.... but anyway the "end" of the Mayan calendar actually refers to the end of a "great cycle" in earth history i believe its roughly 5,200 years or so... i cant remember what they called it exactly, but there have been several of these "cycles" according to the Maya.... and the world is still here. The most interesting thing about all of this mess though, is how most ancient cultures all came up with dates for the end of this "cycle". makes you wonder what they were using to measure the cycles with and its pretty impressive they are all in the same ballpark.

aarrrgggg!!!!!! too much History channel... LOL!! Nuts Nuts Nuts

#9: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 am
    ----
I think reloading a few extra rounds is a good idea. Criminal activity tends to increase everytime the "end of the world" comes around...

#10: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:31 pm
    ----
The funniest part of all this "end of the Myan calendar" is that it is a circular calendar - um,.... it doesn't end! It just restarts after each of the cycles.
Imagine 9 cogged rings one inside the other. Start with the inner most ring and work outward:

28 days for the first
260 days for the second
365 days for the third
52 years for the fourth
394 years for the fifth
and so on.

As you turn the inner most ring to mark one day the rest turn a little but the 28 day ring will end up on a different day at the beginning of each year. each of the 52 year cycles ends on a different day of a different year at the end of each of its cycles.
The "end" result is that the calendar never truly ends but there is always a 5 day period of "bad luck" at the end of every cycle. At the end of the largest cycle that 5 day period of bad luck is associated with a major paradigm shift that begins the new cycle.

So, in 2012, the Libertarians will be elected in majority and the USA will be restored to the constitutional republic that it was meant to be. the Holy land will be returned to the Jews, The burial place of Mohammed will become the holy city of the muslims and the Christians and Jews will argue over Jerusalem for the next 6770 years. The magnetic field of the earth will reverse (again) and we will hardly notice any change in the day to day events of our little world.
Some will party, some will kill themselves to get on the "mother ship" some will still believe the earth is flat and others will see alien spacecraft and wonder what the attraction is.
I will sit at home with my shotgun over my lap and wonder how people can be so stupid - again, and again and...
Well you have my take on this whole thing - I was only wishing about the Libertarians, and that part about the Jews, Muslims and Christians was a joke - they will never quit trying to kill each other.

#11: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:36 pm
    ----
Looks pretty accurate to me, Paul... wtf Except I'll have a glass of whiskey sittin' next to that box of 12 gauge shells Very Happy

#12: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:45 pm
    ----
x2Paul. cept replace shotgun with 2 m4's.

#13: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 pm
    ----
Damn Cops have all the good toys...!

#14: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Damn Cops have all the good toys...!
Very Happy

#15: Re: 2012 End of the world? Author: metz3601 PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
[quote="PaulS"
So, in 2012, the Libertarians will be elected in majority and the USA will be restored to the constitutional republic that it was meant to be.[/quote]

Lets hope Paul is the new Nostradamus Bow Worship Bow

-> General