O K guys...What is it?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#61: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:44 pm
    ----
You bet you would. My yard is made up of grass growing on rock...

#62: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 pm
    ----
Ouch .......................... ! but my 220 lbs could likely still make a divit .................. depending of course on how far the drop!!!!!!!!!!!!! scared

#63: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 pm
    ----
Tonight I was sitting on the couch watching a thunderstorm rolling in when my Black Lab just went nut barking and growling at the screen door. After growling at here to quiet down to no avail I found a gorgeous old Yellow Lab at my door wet and scared. I don't recognize her from the neighborhood so I am thinking she belongs to someone with a cabin on the lake or at the camp ground. She was terrified on the thunderstorm that was rolling in. Being a sucker for dogs I had to take her in until I can find her owner. In the morning I'll drive around the lake and knock on doors and check the camp ground. I guess if I don't find the owner I'll have to call the sheriff and let the know I have her if any one reports her missing.

#64: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:32 pm
    ----
And if'n you don't find her owner??

I got a 14 year old Black Lab that's gonna need replaced soon.....

#65: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 pm
    ----
I guess I'll have to call the vet and get her checked out while I did out the extra dog dish. I can't send her to the pound, there;s always room for one more. Se is an older dog my guess would be 7 to 8 years old.

#66: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 am
    ----
Very happy old girl.

#67: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:44 am
    ----
No ID on the collar? Looks well cared for.

#68: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 am
    ----
She's very well fed that's for sure.

#69: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:34 am
    ----
Well..... it took a while but we found the old girls home. She ran away last night in the storm from her home about 2 miles away.

#70: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:56 am
    ----
Outstanding...Good job.

#71: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:09 am
    ----
Thanks Bushy.

#72: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:29 am
    ----
We tried to find this guy's owners. But when you get a dog that is skinny, half starved, thursty and all skinned up. Ya have to figure he was dropped off. My bet is that the pup came from the city not that far away.

I live about 100 yards from a major two lane (north/south) highway. Not many homes around. Maybe 5 and none of them lost a pup.

#73: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:17 am
    ----
Yep that would b my guess to. I was starting to think this was a drop off to but got lucky. I checked with a family down the road away as a last effort, I knew they had a Golden Lab but I thought theirs was a male. Surprise I got lucky!

I didn't want to call the Sheriff as they want to take the dog in right away. I don't understand what is wrong with just notifying them that I have a stray and will keep it until the owner is found or permanently if need be.

#74: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:21 am
    ----
Because you are not capable of taking care of a dog. Only the humane society is qualified. Or didn't you know that?

#75: Re: O K guys...What is it? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:35 am
    ----
I'm in the middle of nowhere there's no humane society any where near here.

-> Spam-O-Rama