Not very funny.....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Jokes & Humor

#31: Re: Not very funny..... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:55 am
    ----
I'll give ya an early boot! ..... (kidding, kidding....haha)

#32: Re: Not very funny..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:06 am
    ----
Give them every day you/they owe you/them, wiersy111. It's well worth it...Believe me...

20 years huh. BRAVO ZULU!!

#33: Re: Not very funny..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:45 am
    ----
Bushy 5800 posts I think we need a party!!!!

I am in for the duration right now I have to stay until January to retire with my E-8. I liked the numbers on that check compared to the E-7 retirement.

It is kinda hard watching the kids ramp up to deploy knowing I won't be on this trip. But on the other hand I really like sitting in the rocking chair on the porch with mama.

#34: Re: Not very funny..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:54 am
    ----
Yup...Know the feelin'...I watched as my mine sweep get underway [without me] for the Persian gulf from the pier. Rather sad sinking feeling...

#35: Re: Not very funny..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:32 pm
    ----
Now I know how the old horse feel like being put or to pasture. To good to be put down but not good enough to do the work any more. Just found out they are going to put me in an excess slot and open my position to promote a youngster that will be able to deploy.

#36: Re: Not very funny..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:53 pm
    ----
Hummm...Not needed anymore...How you like that?

Buck up pardner. Retirement is great. No more bosses (so to speak) and you don't have to bite yer tough as much...

#37: Re: Not very funny..... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:13 pm
    ----
Hang in there Wiresay old mate...I was in exactly the same position just before I retired (but not by choice). There isn't a day go by when I don't think about the job and wish I was back there doing what I was trained to do...kicking butt. Note the motto on the bottom of my Regiment badge below.

Retirement ain't always everything its cracked up to be...but it does give you the opportunity to do many of the things you wished you had time to do when you were in the service.

Cheers, Vince

#38: Re: Not very funny..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:55 pm
    ----
I'm so close I can taste the retirement but yet soooo far. It's gonna take some getting used to not being part of the team. The young guys will be asking thier buddies who's the old fart when I drop by the Christmas party.

#39: Re: Not very funny..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:01 am
    ----
After you retire that will be "Mr. Ol' Fart, Sir"...

#40: Re: Not very funny..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:26 am
    ----
Ouch! I'm not ready for that.

#41: Re: Not very funny..... Author: ArronLocation: Cen.Iowa, by way of SWIowa PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:46 pm
    ----
After doing twenty...I think you have earned your "SIR" status!

Do what ya' gotta do! And who knows maybe just maybe one of these days I will be able to make it your part of the state and buy you a cold one! Ya; never when I might have to go to Fargo to straighten one of the half-lings out!
Two are still there(half-brother half-sister) and the third one from that area(got another in Coon Rapids, MN) is in Japan as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. He has something like three years left on his contract, but i can see him doing another one and maybe going for a career. He is a mechanic for the machines used to service the aircraft on the flight line.

#42: Re: Not very funny..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:03 pm
    ----
I already gave my notice to my barber. I told him not to expect to see me for at least a year, longer if I can take it.

#43: Re: Not very funny..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:52 pm
    ----
I gave my barber notice October 2005. I told him not to expect me until I need a haircut for my trip to Heaven......Hell??...Well just in case it's Heaven, I'll need a haircut... Very Happy

Only problem I have is convincing my wife and grand daughter that they are NOT going to braid it... Laughing

#44: Re: Not very funny..... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:09 pm
    ----
It is ok Busy, as long as your wife and granddaughter have not used scissors while your asleep. Cause they may tire of it! Laughing

Dimitri

#45: Re: Not very funny..... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:08 pm
    ----
Then I'd be like Sampson. Lose all my strength. Then THEY would have to do all the work. Except for the attempts to braid it, it's pretty safe from the scissors...

-> Jokes & Humor