Woohoo I am clever
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#16: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:14 am
    ----
during this years waterfowl season...the wee brown fella came for a lazy day out...we took my double kayak and he sat behind me while we paddled around lake wainono....managed half dozen mallards and 3 big feral geese...Nugget couldnt see what was going on but his nose told the story...happy as a pig in pooh he was in back of boat crowded in by birds...then in afternoon after a huge paddle we cruised back across middle of lake...birds all around us,geese both canadas and ferals...black swans..mallards..paridise ducks..grey teal and black teal/scaup buzzing all around us...it was pure bliss for us both.

over last 6 months Nugget has got slowly worse...eyes kept gunking up no matter what we tried...a few lumps were noticed when he was groomed in spring and his breathing was getting laboured..
I gave him hind legs of hare for dinner yesterday and he scoffed them down... today he not so flash..slowed right down and breathing was shocking so decision was made to send him up to big duckpond in sky....lookout all you hedgehogs,the holiday is over.
Sleep well my faithful buddy.

#17: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:05 am
    ----
It gets worser each time to say goodbey... and remember: you'll survive each dog except your last...
not everyone can understand the connection between a hunter and his (or her) dog...

#18: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: 5stringLocation: Southland, New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:41 am
    ----
Elvis, condolences on the loss of a dear friend.

#19: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:09 pm
    ----
thanks Mates.....had rather a lot of fertilizer dust in my eyes yesterday....not so bad today,been remembering all the crazy things the wee brown character got up to.Ive never had such a happy dog..nothing phased him at all.

#20: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:56 am
    ----
Sorry for your loss Elvis
They are family and its quite emotional when they go

#21: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:47 am
    ----
When my little Brussels, Bernie, passed away last June I left her crate/bed in the den. Yesterday my other Brussels, Widget, dragged the bed out of the crate and into her bed. I guess we're not the only ones who miss them when they go.

I'll be thinking about you Elvis.

#22: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm
    ----
I’m really sorry to hear that your wee mate Nugget has gone on his last retrieval mate. It’s never easy when a family member departs for the great unknown, even a fur baby. As I said to Becs...Nugget will still be around...you will sense his presence from time to time, which is when the memories will come flooding back. Rest In Peace Nugget.

-> Waterfowl Hunting