Permit to Carry
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Permit to Carry Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:45 pm
    ----
I finally got myself registered for a Permit to Carry class. I don't know why I haven't taken it before now. It's not if I need to carry around here, but a fact that I can!

#2: Re: Permit to Carry Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm
    ----
Its better to be prepared and not have the opportunity .. then .. have the opportunity and not be prepared.

If you don't exercise your rights, you are bound to loose them.

#3: Re: Permit to Carry Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:14 pm
    ----
Absolutely! I think my wife will also take the class but I would like her to have more trigger time. I think it would be quite a big event for her, going from German citizen to US citizenship to a permit carrying gun toting redneck woman. I know she can shoot but she needs more practice with malfunctions.

#4: Re: Permit to Carry Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm
    ----
I have a permit but don't carry often. However, it is sure nice to be able to when I want to!

#5: Re: Permit to Carry Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:11 am
    ----
Both my wife and I have CCW permits. I carry all the time and she carries only when she leave the house...

#6: Re: Permit to Carry Author: squirrelbaitLocation: Nottingham, NH PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 pm
    ----
Wiersy, congratulations.
I'm with BDC, got to exercise your rights and appreciate them. I don't carry all the time but just knowing I can is important.

#7: Re: Permit to Carry Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 pm
    ----
Glad to hear it. I got my first carry permit back in 1967 and still have them. All the best...
Gil

#8: Re: Permit to Carry Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:35 pm
    ----
That means you need another shiny gun......right !!!

#9: Re: Permit to Carry Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
That means you need another shiny gun......right !!!

It seems like you can read my mind!!!

I'm thinking something in a 1911. Very Happy

#10: Re: Permit to Carry Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm
    ----
Learning how to carry and what is best for you takes some time and trial and error. I carry Glocks and used to like to carry behind the hip in a holster on my belt that kept it close to my body. It wasn't always that comfortable when I would drive depending on the seat but the final "this is not for me" came one day when I was in a store and used the restroom. The embarrassing sound of the Glock bouncing off the floor when I "dropped trou" clinched it. There are lots of carry options and they are all personal.

There is also a frame of mind when you carry, an alertness is always required. I also try extra hard not to break any driving rules.

#11: Re: Permit to Carry Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:52 pm
    ----
The instructors are even giving us a great rate for the class because of being military.

#12: Re: Permit to Carry Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 pm
    ----
I carry all the time, even at the house, in the yard washing my truck, cutting the grass, ect. But I'm a LEO. But i'd carry even if I wasnt.

#13: Re: Permit to Carry Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm
    ----
Donut Slayer wrote:
I carry ... in the yard washing my truck

What is your set-up when you are wearing a t-shirt and shorts or do you avoid this type of clothing?

#14: Re: Permit to Carry Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:21 pm
    ----
Washing the truck, mowing the lawn (one acre) and all those other chores (horses) I open carry in my house and on the property...

I bet Donut Slayer does too.

#15: Re: Permit to Carry Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Donut Slayer wrote:
I carry ... in the yard washing my truck

What is your set-up when you are wearing a t-shirt and shorts or do you avoid this type of clothing?
I have a glock 23 and a glock holster. Wear it concealed with a t-shirt or whatever I'm wearing. If I'm out in public, dept policy states I have to conceal it. And I find I want it concealed too as in 20 years of law enforcement I have yet to have anybody discover my weapon. The glock holster really holds the weapon tight to my side.

-> General