saw 7 today
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: saw 7 today Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:08 pm
    ----
only one was a buck, but it wasnt a shooter. next week is the last week of general gun. Hope I see a good one before next weekend. Confused

#2: Re: saw 7 today Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:20 pm
    ----
Donut Slayer wrote:
next week is the last week of general gun.

I thought Texas had a long sesson. We ended 4 weeks ago. When does your season start? How many tags do you have?

#3: Re: saw 7 today Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 pm
    ----
Good Luck with the remainder of the season!

Ours ended last Sunday (archery).

#4: Re: saw 7 today Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm
    ----
Donut Slayer wrote:
Hope I see a good one before next weekend.

Any luck, D_Slayer?

#5: Re: saw 7 today Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Donut Slayer wrote:
Hope I see a good one before next weekend.

Any luck, D_Slayer?
Oh, I'm sorry. yes, I did have some luck. Got a 6 pt on next to last day. He was hot on a does trail and I popped him at 125 yards. Our season runs from middle of dec to mid feb for general gun. then 10 days of smokepole. we dont have tags, and are limited to 2 deer a day. yes, not a typo, 2 deer a day.

#6: Re: saw 7 today Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----

#7: Re: saw 7 today Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 am
    ----
looks fairly good in size. Do the dogs get to join in on the clean-up? They look excited?

#8: Re: saw 7 today Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:22 pm
    ----
My border collie is just tellin the deer that she aint scared, but the german shepard is running away. Ha Ha.

#9: Re: saw 7 today Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm
    ----
What is your Border Collie mixed with mate...reason I ask is she looks like a mix of kelpie and BC.

Cheers, Vince

#10: Re: saw 7 today Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
What is your Border Collie mixed with mate...reason I ask is she looks like a mix of kelpie and BC.

Cheers, Vince
I dont know. We got her from the dog pound when she was about 4 months old. Apparently the old owners didnt want her and the pound was gonna put her down. She's a damn good dog, very protective of the kids. I named her "Ripley" as in ripley of the movies alien. She's a alien killer. Very Happy One thing though, she's racist. Everytime some black person is in the neighborhood, she wants to attack them. Shocked

#11: Re: saw 7 today Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:00 am
    ----
Donut Slayer wrote:
she wants to attack them.

May be a reaction to treatment from a prior owner.

#12: Re: saw 7 today Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 pm
    ----
It looks like she's claimin' her share of the backstraps.

#13: Re: saw 7 today Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:
It looks like she's claimin' her share of the backstraps.
I think your right. I gave the dogs (3 of them) the legs, yall should have seen them running all around the yard with them. Very Happy

#14: Re: saw 7 today Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:04 pm
    ----
When I come home after a hunt and have a harvest, the dogs go "wild". The scents drive them crazy and they go after my clothes without restraint. I can't imagine what they would do if I gave them a leg. Come to think if it, I'd love to give them the poodle that's next door.

#15: Re: saw 7 today Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:55 am
    ----
Donut Slayer wrote:
One thing though, she's racist. Everytime some black person is in the neighborhood, she wants to attack them.

Not the first dog I've seen like that mate...and I reckon Slim has hit the nail squarely on the head...a BAD previous owner, or one of our darker cousins has put the boot into her on a regular basis.

Remember seeing a dog many years ago that had the same disposition towards Police Officers. As soon as he saw a blue uniform WITH a blue hat...he was in there growlin, barkin' and chewin' and chompin' like his life depended on it. Take the hat off and put it out of sight and he was either confused or didn't recognise the copper. Funny as hell to see.

Cheers, Vince

-> Big Game Hunting