Reloading Bench Mess
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:10 pm
    ----
We have a Nor'easter(snow storm) hitting us this weekend, but I planned ahead. My reloading bench has become a real mess lately so I figured I could use the snowed in time to clean it up. I went to Walmart last night and while there I picked up some of those plastic cabinets with all the parts drawers. I thought it might help to keep my bullet supply better organized. As it is now I have boxes of bullets piled up all over the bench and in the cabinets above the bench.
I could always use some good ideas on organizing my bench, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd sure appreciate your sharing them.
Don

#2: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:20 pm
    ----
wtf Load and shoot it !!! Mess all gone !!! Laughing

#3: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:31 pm
    ----
That might work, but as scarce as reloading supplies are today I might not get the chance to resupply.
Don

#4: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:47 pm
    ----
For god sake man tomorrow may never come......SHOOT!!!!

#5: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 am
    ----
BigBlue. These cabinets? Handiest little cabinets for the bench top I ever found without building them myself...

#6: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 am
    ----
Hey Bushy...love your set up mate. Tell me mate, do you have problems with the plastic bags over your presses causing a build up of moisture from "sweating"?

As an aside...I use old worn out cotton diapers from my grandkids as covers for my presses.

Getting back on topic...those plastic drawer units are a very nifty looking piece of kit. .A good size and plenty of stability for stacking from the looks of them. Methinks I just might have to invest in a set of them...they look very useful.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 am
    ----
Dang I was just in Wally World last night I was going to try a couple of the drawers.

#8: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:05 am
    ----
No moisture problems Vince. I've punched a few holes in them with a paper hole punch to vent them. They are just to keep the dust off them...

One thing on the drawers...Those in the photo are two sets each stack. I would suggest that you put the heavy things, like bullets, in the bottom drawers. Each drawer handles 500 185 grain bullets with ease. When you are reloading the drawer with your selected bullets will come out so you can set the drawer with the bullets next to the press...

If I had more room on my bench I'd get more. They are the handiest little drawers for all the small stuff you collect over time...

#9: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 am
    ----
The drawers are strong enugh to hold bullets? Then several of these are in my very near future. I need storage for the boolits I am casting. And since Hornady was so nice to give away bullets with their dies I have no shortage of bullets.

#10: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 am
    ----
Here...Let me varify my last statement..........

I only use the lower two drawers for bullets, but I bet you can use the three drawers without any problems.

#11: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:26 pm
    ----
I don't have as many bullets as you Bushmaster, but the drawers are a great idea, think I'll get a couple sets!

Last edited by slimjim on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:35 pm
    ----
I can see it now there is going to be a rush on drawer thingy's at Wally World.

#13: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm
    ----
Wonder if I can get a cut from Wally-World... Very Happy

#14: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:12 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Hey Bushy...love your set up mate. Tell me mate, do you have problems with the plastic bags over your presses causing a build up of moisture from "sweating"?

As an aside...I use old worn out cotton diapers from my grandkids as covers for my presses.

Cheers, Vince

I use old canvas coin bags as dust covers for my press and powder measure. They also make pretty good sandbags for the shootin' bench. Since banks don't use 'em much anymore, they'll usually give 'em to ya if ya ask.

#15: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:59 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Wonder if I can get a cut from Wally-World... Very Happy

Better start negotiating fast. Before the rush hits.

-> Reloading Ammunition