Reloading components
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Reloading components Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm
    ----
My local gun shop just got in a ton of reloading components. It seems a lot of backorders just got filled. They have Winchester primers for the first time in a year. I swapped out all my CCI primers for Winchester brand. They have a full line of IMR powders. Life is good. Take care...
Joe

#2: Re: Reloading components Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm
    ----
Powder is still limited around North TX. More than before but not abundant. Primers are still a mixed bag. Good to see components starting to fill the shelves now that the ammo shelves are full. Surprised components are coming back and .45 ammo is still scarce.

#3: Re: Reloading components Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:32 am
    ----
Joe,
I saw the same thing in the shops I visit around here. All the best...
Gil

#4: Re: Reloading components Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:32 am
    ----
Confused Funny about the timing of the return of the reloading componants-maybe something to do with the restructuring of the political climate in washington after the massachusettes election of scott brown?Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.Left coast is showing more reloading componants also-at least in the pdx area. Very Happy

#5: Re: Reloading components Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:17 am
    ----
If you consider that the reloading components that we purchase are the excess capacity of the ammo industry, then it would logically follow that a few months after ammo starting showing up and staying on the shelves, we would start to see reloading components trickling back onto the shelves. Another way of stating this, all the powder and primers were going to manufacturers of ammo. Just think, the entire capacity of the US ammo industry was bought up the the US public for an entire year! There is a lot of ammo being stored across the USA in lots of peoples' homes.

#6: Re: Reloading components Author: huntingstoneboy PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:19 pm
    ----
I haven't been around long, but long enough to notice that any time there is a "big scare"ie. democrats in the white house ammo and components get bought up and supply and demand reflects the prices. Combine this with a war and what was all time high freight charges and the average joe looking for some primers has run into a "pickle". I'm not blind to those trying to put a cramp in my "reloading style" but paranoia is an enemy in and of itself. All the people hoarding components were a huge part of the problem. We were are own enemies. I was guilty of this myself. Glad supplies have caught back up with demand, or at least demand has slowed.

#7: Re: Reloading components Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 pm
    ----
I am just hoping the price will come down a little. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

#8: Re: Reloading components Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:12 pm
    ----
If ya do..........I get one of those shiny guns !!!

#9: Re: Reloading components Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm
    ----
yeah like that's gonna happen!

-> Reloading Ammunition