Coytes 3 TCKnight 0
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Varmint Hunting

#46: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 am
    ----
Great notes and review man...thanks!

Here kitty kitty kitty....

#47: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:01 pm
    ----
You should only be losing 30-40fps per inch of barrel !!!

My Model Seven’s magazine don’t like to be filled.......I usually leave 1 or 2 out and feeding is a whole lot smoother.

Oh, by the way !!! Click Here to see what you need next !!! Very Happy

#48: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
You should only be losing 30-40fps per inch of barrel !!!

I read somewhere on Remington that they estimate a loss of 80 fps per inch of barrel so just rounded it considering their published velocity at muzzle is usually high anyway.

Maybe I read 40 fps and doubled it knowing I was dealing with two inches and now remember 80, or maybe I didn't read it at all, or maybe I.... Nuts

#49: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:38 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:

Oh, by the way !!! Click Here to see what you need next !!! Very Happy

Go HERE to see what I will actually get next!

#50: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 pm
    ----
wtf That's too small !!!

How about a compromise......go with the 4-12 !!!

#51: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:22 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
:wtf: That's too small !!!

How about a compromise......go with the 4-12 !!!

I have had variables for a long time. I have a VX3-L on my .243. More times than not, I leave them on 6x. I just turn up the heat to sight in or check out a deer's head way out. They are useful for me when deer hunting.

I find them not-so-usefull while predator calling. I haven't had any opportunity for a long range shot. Everything I have called in came to within 75 yards of me and most within 50 yards. I use binoculars for checking "way out" (in quotes because I have no views more than 300 yards anywhere I hunt and most are 150 yards or less...this is small farm and timber country). Using binos reduces movement. Too, I think that as quick as things happen when predator calling, I just wouldn't have the time to increase or decrease magnification. So, I think the 6x is perfect for what I do. The problem with the Simmons I have now is that the crosshairs are made from 2"x6"s Shocked

I may be wrong. So, if you'll just send along that Leupold you got stashed Idea

#52: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:53 pm
    ----
Sorry the only thing I got stashed is a Weaver 24X that’s waiting for a good deal on a Cooper. Look here

Scary as it may sound we do think a like !!!
I was originally going to put the compact 6X on my Model Seven. When I first got it I was doing a lot of shooting from the bench and decided just to put the 4-12 on it.
Should I ever get the 250AI built on a 7 action like I’ve been wanting, I’ll move it to that gun and put the 6X on.

#53: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
Sorry the only thing I got stashed is a Weaver 24X that’s waiting for a good deal on a Cooper. Look here

Holy crap! S W E E T ! ! Smile

Last edited by tcknight on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#54: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:39 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
Scary as it may sound we do think a like !!!

Jaw Drop Faint

#55: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:59 pm
    ----
wtf Kinda thought you'd see it that way !!!

#56: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:21 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
:wtf: Kinda thought you'd see it that way !!!
Haha

Didn't get to hunt this weekend. My wife needed me to do some things with her. And with her giving me a gun and all for Christmas, I must keep that half of this marriage very, very, happy. So, we went out to eat, shopped, spent the afternoon in the bookstore and coffee shop, yadda yadda yadda.

My vacation starts tomorrow (had to move it up a week since the C treatments start on the 28th). SO, I'll do some predator chasin' tomorrow and then head down to the farm on Tuesday to open the second Mississippi gun deer season. Deer should be heated up for rut by now so it should be fun. I'll fill you guys in when I get back (or maybe tomorrow if the kitty's are out). Very Happy

HAPPY Hunting!

#57: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:52 pm
    ----
Chambered will you adopt me?????

#58: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 pm
    ----
NO !!!

wtf I can hardly afford myself !!!

#59: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm
    ----
But I only require a new Black pick-up every 1 or 2 years and 4 or 5 shiny new guns a year.

#60: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm
    ----
You Dodge Man me GMC......you like shiny me like matte !!!

Answer still NO!!!

-> Varmint Hunting