Coytes 3 TCKnight 0
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Varmint Hunting

#31: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 am
    ----
Bitchen cat TC. For some reason I always wanted one for a 'pet'. Read a story once about a gut bringing one to a dog fight. Called him "Spot" and kept him covered up till it was on. Kinda sealed it for me...."Spot"...hehehe. Sneaky.

#32: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm
    ----
That is what I'd call a good kitty.

#33: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:34 pm
    ----
Way too cool TC !!! Cool

#34: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:59 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Nice pelt!

She was spotted up really well. Very Happy

#35: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
Bitchen cat TC. For some reason I always wanted one for a 'pet'. Read a story once about a gut bringing one to a dog fight. Called him "Spot" and kept him covered up till it was on. Kinda sealed it for me...."Spot"...hehehe. Sneaky.

Knew a girl once (save the comments Chambered Confused ) who, although quite strikingly good lookin; had very little sense. So, she finds two "orphaned" bobcat kittens on her dad's farm and decides to make pets of them. Washes them in the kitchen sink and the whole bit. So, after they are up pretty big she decides they need a bath. One bit her through the wrist all the way through the bone. The other attacked her from behind as she was sitting on the floor banging the guy on her wrist against the linoleum. Scratched her up pretty good. Cats died soon therafter under suspicious circumstances.

Nope. Don't want a bobcat for a pet. James Fenimore Cooper, my alley cat, is enough for me. Have to have two colies just to keep him corraled.

#36: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:31 am
    ----
wtf

#37: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 am
    ----
Holy sh...... Shocked

I said one, not two. Wink

But either or. Point taken. The best wild pets are the stuffed kind.

Hope she recovered ok. Cat's are freakin' scary. We got Cougar out here and due to encroachment sometimes people/stuff get eaten. Sometimes cops shoot Cougar. Magnificent predators. Outdoor kitty's fer sure.

#38: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 pm
    ----
thats a fine looking puddy tat and the rifle looks liks a nice piece of hardware to carry round.

#39: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 pm
    ----
I've discovered that you can't trust an 8 pound house cat, I sure don't want to hang around anything any bigger!

#40: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 pm
    ----
tcknight wrote:
. Cats died soon therafter under suspicious circumstances.

I think I found one of them!

#41: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:36 pm
    ----
ROFL Now that's what I call a good kitty !!!

#42: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 pm
    ----
Thats hillarious! I gotta remember that one. ROFL ROFL ROFL Haha Haha Haha ROFL ROFL ROFL

#43: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 pm
    ----
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

#44: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:55 pm
    ----
You guys just DON'T KNOW how much you make me laugh!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

#45: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 am
    ----
I have to apologize guys. I kind of forgot where I promised to give the review of the Model 7 in .17 Rem Fireball. So, I ended up with it over at Coyote Gods. So, for your review, here it is here:

I was a little worried about the lack of over the counter ammo available since I don't reload and was assured that the Remington UMC 25 grain Hornady HP would provide excellent terminal ballistics on coyote. So, I ordered some of those and picked up a box of Accutip-V 20 grain to try to determine what the gun would prefer.

So, when the gun arrived I first lightly lapped the barrel with KG-2 bore restore. Being a factory barrel, I always figure I save a lot of ammo in the break in period if I use this step first. I took the gun to the range and started the break in process. Shot once, cleaned, shot once, cleaned; for about 20 rounds. I used KG-12 to clean the copper between shots. By about the 10th or 12th round I was getting little to no copper. On the last six rounds I fired for groups and although each and every shot was out of a freshly cleaned barrel, the gun printed two very pretty .8" groups back to back. I was very impressed, especially since the only scope I had to put on it was a 6x Simmons ProHunter which has a very heavy cross hair that tended to cover my 100 yard bull's eye. I ran out of daylight and had to wait until this morning to sight in the rifle and do the load testing.

This morning I arrived at the range to find excellent sunny weather with a 3-4 mph wind from directly behind the bullet. Got settled in and began to fire 3 round groups with the UMC ammo. Boy was I impressed.

Although the UMC tended to introduce a flyer every now and then (about 1 in 12), when those groups were taken from the mix, I got an average of 0.6" grouping overall with the UMC.

Here is an example of the typical group.

The flyers, when they occurred ranged between 1" to 1.7". Not a WHOLE lot to worry about since my typical shot is less than 100 yards and maximum would be 250 yards. I can reasonably expect NOT to get a flyer on those occasional long shots but if I do, I can see some tracking in my future.

Here is a typical 3 shot group with a flyer. This particular one, the flyer was the last shot.
Rem UMC 25 grain Hornady HP (typical flyer)

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the ballistics from this gun using the UMC ammo.

I then turned my attention to the 20 grain Accutip-V. I figure (although didn't chronograph) that this bullet is flying around 200 fps less than factory since I have a 22 inch barrel. So, I would guess it is leaving the muzzle around ~3,800 fps. Regardless, my Model 7 REALLY liked these bullets. Over five three shot groups, my average group was 0.48"!

Here is an average group from the Accutip ammo: Rem Accutip-V 20 grain

More impressive was that over five three shot groups, I had NO flyers.

So, I will be, for now, using the Rem UMC ammo for my hunting round. Now to find out if it is pelt friendly.

A couple of notes about the Model 7. Someone else mentioned a feeding problem with the Model 7 in .17 Fireball. I found this to be true. There is a filler block in the magazine to fit the shorter bullet leaving little room for fingers to load the gun. The magazine is exerting pressure on the rear of the cartridge only so the tip is not being pushed up. On the first two rounds I tried to feed, both jammed. I bent the spring and didn't have any more problems although feeding was still not smooth. This is something Remington, or the aftermarket folks, really need to work on. I would be the first to buy "a fix". Also, the X-Mark Pro trigger on the Model 7 Predator is frankly, GREAT; a wonderful trigger.

-> Varmint Hunting