Well, after 15 years I finally done it.....
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:53 pm
    ----
broke a decapping pin on a set of Lee dies. About halfway thru 40 rds of 270 brass from my range session yesterday and I noticed this one piece of brass felt different. The primer didnt come out. Yep, broke the decapping pin. wtf I recon I got full use out of it. According to Lee's website, if I mail it to them, they will sent me another one. Its in the enevelope now.

#2: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:04 pm
    ----
Wow that's service.

#3: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: robfromaz1977Location: Arizona's White Mountains PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:17 pm
    ----
I only have 2 sets of Lee dies. It is good to know that they have such good customer service. I have had similar luck with RCBS. I bought an older set of 30-06 dies at a yard sale for like 2 dollars and the decapping pin stem was bent. My local sporting goods store manager looked at it and said let me take care of this. About 2 weeks later he saw me in the store and handed me a brand new complete stem. No charge he said. I didn't even have to pay to send it back. Once again great customer service.

#4: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:25 pm
    ----
I am amazed that they both have that great service. I only have one set of Lee's, a few Hornady's and the rest are RCBS. I have yet to break a pin. Now that I said that I'll probably break one next time I use them.

#5: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: wncchester PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:33 pm
    ----
" Well, after 15 years I finally done it.....broke a decapping pin on a set of Lee dies."

Damp. See, all those other guys TOLD you Lee was "junk" but you just wouldn't listen! RCBS pins never break. And whan they do, you get FREE replacements! All it costs is three times Lee's price and parts are FREE! Wow, such a deal. Smile

Or....huh?

#6: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm
    ----
Lee universal decapping die for me.

The pins are built like a brick "outhouse" & it means I get nice clean cases before they go into my resizing dies.

I do have a couple of spare pins though - Lee is a long way from here.......

#7: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:50 pm
    ----
+1 on the RCBS.....They replaced the ram on my Rock Chucker free of charge.
The link pins had drifted inward putting drag on the ram eventually bringing it to a stop before I figured out what was going on. I called them to let them know what had happened and that the ram had a gouge in it as a result. They insisted on sending me a new ram even after I declined. When it arrived it had new link pins and a ram pin packaged with it!!!

#8: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:27 pm
    ----
It only lasted 15 YEARS??? What a piece of junk. Tell them to send you a good one this time. Very Happy

#9: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:54 pm
    ----
tcknight wrote:
It only lasted 15 YEARS??? What a piece of junk. Tell them to send you a good one this time. Very Happy
10-4 on that. Very Happy I mailed the old one off to Lee. Hopefully they will send me another one. If not, its only $4 plus shipping. When i find something out, I'll let you guys know.

#10: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: GUTSLocation: South Dakota PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:30 pm
    ----
I use Lee, RCBS, Redding, and Forster dies. I was using the Redding .223 small base FL die a few months back and forgot to lube one of the cases. It stuck tight. I called Redding and told them that it was my fault for being stupid and told them I would like to purchase another die. They told me to send it in and they sent me back a new die free of charge. It seems that most of these guys stand behind their products pretty good.

#11: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 pm
    ----
OK, Lee sent me 2 new decapping pins. Talk about customer service. I really didnt expect them to send them, but they did. Thumbs up to Lee.

#12: Re: Well, after 15 years I finally done it..... Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:58 am
    ----
Lee has great customer service and I have a lot of their reloading stuff. However, they will not replace a broken Lee priming tool that is over one year old. Take care...
Joe

-> Reloading Ammunition