The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42, 43, 44  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#541: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:19 am
    ----
I'm thinkin of turning my closet into a gun safe, it's got more room than my home made gun cabinet. I've got about 16 rifles and all but about 5 have scopes on them which take up a lot of room. There's 5 other rifles that just go into their cases and can't be locked up right now. I don't like leaving them out like that. If I can put a good lock set-up on the closet and put a cable through them I'd be happier. Wouldn't it be nice to have them all in the open and just grab one of your choice without fumbling with all the security.....gotta get me large dog?

#542: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am
    ----
Buddy of mine has a large paint locker. Not too robust but he has a couple or three thin cables running through all the trigger guards. to eye bolts etc. Guns aint going anywhere like that.

Not a bad idea Suz I've often thought of that- using that heavy gauge wire screen security type door or an iron bar inner door blacked out to supliment the normal one and keep things low profile externally. I got a small closet perfect for that project. It's semi-external and you'll have to go through meaty walls to get in. Woulnd't cust much at all.

Most scum do smash-n-grab and if it takes more than a few mins. to get something out most of the time they'll leave it.

#543: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 am
    ----
My gun safes (have two) are also dyna-bolted to the concrete slab and the brick walls with four 1/2" dyna-bolts each.

I'm looking at getting a more substantial setup than what I have now that will allow me to put all guns into the one safe rather than two.

Cheers, Vince

#544: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
I'm looking at getting a more substantial setup than what I have now that will allow me to put all guns into the one safe rather than two..

Don't plan on moving again I see.

#545: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:09 pm
    ----
I want a "rec room" like Burt Gummer in "Tremors"...

#546: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:08 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Vince wrote:
I'm looking at getting a more substantial setup than what I have now that will allow me to put all guns into the one safe rather than two..

No mate...no plans on moving...I've put down roots mate...big deep ones. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#547: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:54 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Vince wrote:

No mate...no plans on moving...I've put down roots mate...big deep ones. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

Ah I see the ex military tap root has bitten you as well Smile

#548: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:50 am
    ----
Well...yeah, I reckon you might be right mate. We moved around often enough in the 26 yrs I spent in the Army, so I suppose was time to settle into my own home. Now we are here and settled, we don't want to go through the work and pain of moving.

Cheers, Vince

#549: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:48 am
    ----
It would be great to have a dedicated gun room with a safe door. Set it up with gun racks, reloading equipment, hunting trophies and of course a computer for access to HuntingNut. Darn shame my cash doesn't keep pace with my dreams.
Don

#550: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:02 am
    ----
once upon a time a open front door was enough security!!!! Sad

#551: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:17 am
    ----
BB wrote:
...Darn shame my cash doesn't keep pace with my dreams.

Ain't that the truth mate. I have a mate that has a dedicated "Man Cave" that he has setup with his safes, reloading presses (about five I think), his stores for anything to do with shooting and then his computer corner. Am I jealous...you bet your wee pink butt I am. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing

If I can get my daughters to remove their "crap and corruption" from my garage, I would have a good sized area to set up all my reloading gear. As it is, I have a small bench to which I have secured three presses (an "O" Frame single stage for rifle cartridges, a MEC 650 and a Honey Bair - both for 12g shotshell reloading). I would like to extend this area another two metres so I can extend my bench and build a dedicated storage area for shooting and reloading stores and a quality 10 rifle safe.

Cheers, Vince

#552: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
If I can get my daughters to remove their "crap and corruption" from my garage, I would have a good sized area to set up all my reloading gear. Cheers, Vince

Garage Sale.

#553: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:55 pm
    ----
We are moving soon, to a bigger house to do the family thing.
Only trouble is all the rooms have been accounted for.
I plan to build a cave and/or den.
Not sure of the size of things yet
But I hope to be able to hide there in peace and quiet

#554: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 am
    ----
Well- range report went as expected.

First time up with the big trombome, American Trap: 21/25 smashed.

Signed up for Double Trap: Kept rushing the first shot and kept getting LOST/DEAD calls. Finally found my stride and it was DEAD PAIR more often than not from the puller. The action is like cream, man it's smooth. Only pump there, rest were O/U and Auto's. One guy went ...."pump eh? Better be quick"...I made some boo-boo's, missed a bunch, short stroked it once but still got 33/50 with a bunch of smashed pairs. $375.00 gun and it's competition ready. Wow. If yer on the fence about one of these guns ya better come down 'n git sum, it's good. Real good.

#555: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
If I can get my daughters to remove their "crap and corruption" from my garage, ....Cheers, Vince

Shocked

OK- The Family, ALL famlies need to repsect the value and quality of life a Man's Garage sustains. It's not just a place for cars. It's a sanctuary not to be taken lightly. Not a repository for stuff!

It's DAD's place.

As Men we put up with a lot of crap for the sake of heart and home. Panty hose on the shower rod, potpouri (BARF! Mad ), doilies, our boots go outside when everyone elses are inside all warm and dry, THE KITCHEN BEING OFF LIMITS ALMOST ALWAYS....ya know.

Yes- I'm still single....but I can also still fit my F-250 in mine!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions