Razor Strap
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Razor Strap Author: TXCountryboyLocation: Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 pm
    ----
Well I could use one for my knives probly but I actually been thinkin about gettin one more for givin out some good ol fashioned discipline round here when needed. Maybe it aint the most PC thing no more but folks on here are pretty old school. Any of yall still usin one at yer house (for them backsides not the knives lol)

#2: Re: Razor Strap Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm
    ----
Yep, still use one.

#3: Re: Razor Strap Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 pm
    ----
My kids used to fear my belt. No razor straps here.
Im a firm believer in the "Respect or fear" methode of raising kids. The oldest turned out ok, the 2 that are still home are doing great also.

#4: Re: Razor Strap Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 pm
    ----
I've always encouraged parents to read the book "No Bad Dogs" by Barbara Woodhouse and apply those principles to their kids.

#5: Re: Razor Strap Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:58 pm
    ----
All I have to do is threaten to take away the guns or their trucks. Man can they behave. I'd be stylin riding around in nice jacked up trucks.

#6: Re: Razor Strap Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:08 pm
    ----
My parents didn't use a strop...they used a length of electric flex/lead...holy shite...that hurt.

My kids are all growed up now....so no more whoppin' them...but when they was younger I believed in the old adage of:

"Spare the rod and spoil the child".

If'n ya want a razor strop...check out Ebay...usually a few on there.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: Razor Strap Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 am
    ----
Pop's had the fear of God put into us pretty well. We were 'leather trained'. All he had to do was start taking off his belt....then you could hear a pin drop.

Gramps had an honest to goodness hickory switch. The back of my legs got zinged with that sucker a few times. Don't hurt for the first two seconds but after that it was 'rolling on the floor grabbing the back of yer legs' for 20 mins. God that thing hurt. Mad

Once pop told me go out out and find him something to beat me with. I found a match book. He taped it to the belt for being a smarta**. *POP!* Got two more for hiding a book in my pants. Laughing

#8: Re: Razor Strap Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:15 am
    ----
I helped my dad break kindlin in the woodshed many a time. And I earned every one of them...

My kids were, as stated by Stovepipe, "leather trained". My grand daughter is living with us for a while and she can still remember when she felt my belt at 18 months. She's 15 now...And very warry of my saddle cinch belt...

#9: Re: Razor Strap Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:35 am
    ----
My Mother, God Bless her Irish soul, trained us with willow switch's and the first one was never good enough so we got that one used on us and then we had to go get a better one and had that one used too.

#10: Re: Razor Strap Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am
    ----
I think corporal punishment works, it worked on me atleast.

And yes my kids will know what a belt is for, both holding up ones pants and a strap. Laughing

Dimitri

#11: Re: Razor Strap Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am
    ----
OH Wow! i had the willow switch used by my Grama. SHe would make us go to the willow tree and pick our own, If you picked a wee little one, MAN! She would make you get the right one, and after that.....you never got a small one again!! Sad

#12: Re: Razor Strap Author: TXCountryboyLocation: Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am
    ----
Gotta laugh at "leather trained" but I recon that described me when I was a kid and now is a good way to describe my boys too. Up until now it's mostly been my work belt. But I think I confused em one day when I said "when we get home yer gettin the strap". They didnt know what I meant but they learned quick when they felt that billet strap off the saddle!

#13: Re: Razor Strap Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm
    ----
One time in WalMart My Wife and I were shopping with our kids in tow. The oldest made an a$$ of her self, so my Wife turned her up on her knee and gave her a smack on the behind. A employee of WalMart seen the whole thing and told the wife and I she thought we needed to be turned in to the police, the Wife in turn told her to go ahead and call them. Before they arrived she would beat the crap out of her to make it worth there time. The lady departed from our presence post haste! (she ran) I laughed hard when I thought the poor lady could no longer hear me. The Wifes red hair gets the best of her sometimes!

#14: Re: Razor Strap Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:29 pm
    ----
I'm sorry for this long post, but here goes:

Most of yall know I'm a cop. Well a few years back on a Sunday morning I get dispatched to a child abuse call. A 15 yo male came to the door and told me that his mother hit him with a pipe. The mother told me that she did in fact strike him with a pipe, on his buttocks. Apparently the son back talked his mother when she told him to get ready for church, so the mother grabbed a 1/2" pvc pive and took batting practice on his hiney. Anyway, you could read the writing on the pipe in the whelp on his arse. I asked him what he wanted to do, he said "Put her in jail for child abuse". I told him no, she hit him in a area and manner consisant with disipline and he'd better get ready for church, so he did.

#15: Re: Razor Strap Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:47 pm
    ----
Cop? You? Say...Can I offer you a cup of coffee to go with that donut?

Good to see you back...

-> General