Camel burger anyone?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm
    ----
Big old ears like that would make a nice target.

#17: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:28 pm
    ----
As long as the wind isn't blowing too hard. Have you ever seen a possum ears quiver in a strong wind!!! It could be hard to notch one of them. Very Happy

Cary

#18: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:19 am
    ----
Possums play dead .Barrack's ears look more those on the sewer rat .

#19: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 am
    ----
Gidday Cary,

Below are the regulations in regards to hunting in Northern Territory and my home State, Queensland.

Northern Territory

The Northern Territory currently allows the hunting of feral pigs and waterfowl under a permit system. All other classified feral animals can be taken on private land with the landholders’ permission, without a specific permit under the normal conditions of a firearms licence.
Waterfowl hunting in the Northern Territory is seasonal and is declared by a notice each year in the Government Gazette.
Permits to hunt pigs are issued for a period of one year from August 1 to July 31 each year. Permits are issued to allow hunting of pigs within the Northern Territory hunting reserves of Shoal Bay and Harrison Dam. Permits to hunt pigs on designated crown land can also be obtained from the Department of Planning and Infrastructure.
To hunt on private land or hunting concession, you require only landowner permission. To hunt on Aboriginal Lands, a permit from the respective Land Council and endorsement from the Traditional Owner is required.
All waterfowl hunters are required to obtain a Waterfowl Hunting Permit prior to hunting, whether hunting on or off the Parks and Wildlife Hunting Reserves. The Waterfowl Hunting Permit details the conditions that apply to the annual season, which must be adhered to by hunters.
In the Northern Territory, the following duck/geese species can be taken during a declared open season.

* Magpie geese
* Pacific black duck
* Wandering whistle duck (or water whistle duck)
* Plumed whistle duck (or grass whistle duck)
* Grey teal
* Pink-eared duck
* Hardhead duck (or white-eyed duck)
* Maned duck (or wood duck).

In the Northern Territory, the following species are classified as feral and can be taken any time. The following animals have been declared pests.

* Arabian camel
* Buffalo
* Cane toad
* Donkey
* Feral cat
* Horse
* Red fox
* Wild boar
* Goat
* European rabbit
* Wild dog
* Feral cattle
* House sparrow
* Pigeon
* Sambar deer
* Rusa deer
* Turtle dove

For the latest in game licence types, fees and regulations please visit the Department of Natural Resources, Environment, The Arts and Sport website.

Queensland

Hunting is limited to feral animals on private property with landowners’ permission to hunt on the property.
Only a current firearms licence is required to hunt on private property. There is no hunting permit or fee applicable. Full licence holders must be 18 years of age and children of at least 11 years can use firearms under a minors licence with adult supervision.

Queensland doesn’t have any species currently classified as game that can be taken by recreational hunters during an open season.
The following animals are some of the species classified as pests and can be taken any time.

* Bali cattle
* Bison or American buffalo
* Camel
* Chital (Axis) deer
* Donkey
* European hare
* Fallow deer
* Hog deer
* Cat, other than a domestic cat
(there is a difference??? Razz Laughing )
* Dingo
* Dog, other than domestic dog
* European fox
* European rabbit
* Feral pig
* Goat, other than domestic goat

I would love to be able to afford to get way "outback" and decimate the camel population, but unfortunately we are talking about a 5000 km (3125 mile) round trip, and at today's fuel prices it would cost me around $1 K in fuel cost alone. I would also need a 4WD to access most places once I get beyond the sealed roads. Consequently, a hunting trip like that is pretty much out of reach for me.

Cheers, Vince

#20: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 am
    ----
You need one of them their Subaru Outbacks Vince !!! ROFL

#21: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:36 am
    ----
Wave Go camel hunting!

#22: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:40 am
    ----
I found it interesting that bison/American buffalo is considered a pest in part of Australia! I didn't know there were any running around over there, although I knew there were Asian water buffalo there.

I took a quick look online for bison hunting here in the US. Looks like a "meat bull" hunt would cost around $1500 while "trophy bull" hunts can run up to $4000.

#23: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:52 am
    ----
Vince,

With all of those free-for-all species to hunt, that sounds like pure heaven!!! To bad you don't live in a mobile home that could be relocated to an area where you could just shoot out of the window.

Cary

#24: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 am
    ----
Oh, yea, I especially like the idea of shooting a feral cow. If you ever run across a photo of one, I'd love to see it.

Under the Queensland list, you have Hog Deer. If that's not a misprint, I want to see a photo of that one also.

Cary

#25: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm
    ----
Gidday guys,

In all honesty Punkin...I never heared of Bison being on the loose over here, plenty in the zoos etc, but none on the loose that I know of.

Cary...that mobile home sounds like a great idea mate...now all I gotta do is convince "She Who Must Be Obeyed" that is is good. Laughing

Feral cows are everywhere in the outback...they are simply you everyday garden variety cow that has missed muster and "gone bush" then bred with a scrub bull (another critter that has "gone feral"). They usually manage to "pick up" most of the scrub cattle...they usually only muster once a year, but some always seem to slip through the cracks.

Not really familiar with Hog Deer, but I'll see what I can find out mate.

Cheers, Vince

#26: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 pm
    ----
Shocked b double e double r un ????? Razz

#27: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:51 pm
    ----
Jobs on Wiersay....but I might give the beer a miss and head for the bottle of OP Dark Rum...right at this time, I am sicker than 10 men...feel like I'm recovering from an autopsy...got a solid dose of the flu. woooo....hoooo.

OP Rum is a "kill or cure" remedy.

Cheers, Vince

#28: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:04 am
    ----
This is him wallking away when I got to close.
Hog Deer - Small variety, some in southern NSW and Victoria
Scub Bulls, very angry animals, can get your hair up.
Don't know of any freeranging Bison.

#29: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 am
    ----
Sorry for the blurry pic

#30: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:14 am
    ----
Whereabouts did you snap this fella Tikkat? Was he right in the heart of Australia mate?

Cheers, Vince

-> General