OK....I'm Sold
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: OK....I'm Sold Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:33 am
    ----
Had rdnktink and one of her friends visiting for the past week and tonight she cooked Biscuits and Gravy for us....I'M SOLD.

What a magnificent dish...I ended up having about 6 biscuits and a HEAP of the gravy/meat.

She just gave me a cookie called a Snickdoodle.....AWESOME.

I am NOT going to loose any weight this month...in fact I expect to put a heap on.

Cheers, Vince

#2: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 am
    ----
Yes Biscuits and Gravy is a very good dish, I love making it. Just have to watch the gravy, as its a white gravy and you may turn it more to glue if you dont have enough fat from the meat in the mix. Or atleast that is what I figured out the first few times I made it.

Quick, simple and filling, just don't forget to over dose on the sage ... what a magnificent spice. Very Happy

Dimitri

#3: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:29 am
    ----
wtf Never had biscuits and gravy !!! Shocked Next time add a good dose of black pepper and some grated sharp cheddar cheese!!! Very Happy

#4: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:31 am
    ----
How about SOS???

#5: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
How about SOS???

Ummmmm......not that I know of mate.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 am
    ----
Oh, that's right. You were in the Army...SOS (Shi* Ona Shingle) or meat gravy on toast... Very Happy

#7: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 am
    ----
I've had biscuits and gravy, at least once a week, since I was a kid. We always mix in crumbled spicy sausage and lots of black pepper. Oh yes, homemade biscuits, not the store-bought kind.

Since my wife and I both work, we eat tacos in the morning for breakfast. My favorite is carne gesada or chorizo, bean, and egg, but just about anything will do. On the weekends, we always cook up a big country breakfast, that includes biscuits and gravy.

Darn, I'm getting hungry.....again!

Cary

#8: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:54 pm
    ----
A Meal fit for a king Very Happy it's good stuff Vince.......
Joe

#9: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:46 pm
    ----
I was having a hard time deciding what to have for supper tonight so I just made a sandwich. Grrrr. I know whats for supper tomorrow.

#10: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 pm
    ----
My friend made the biscuits, with me trying to tell her how to do it, since mine turn into door stops. The gravy we had to use Italian sausage for I couldn't find the sage sausage that I wanted. But I did add extra sage to it. We're giving him some good American food, or at least trying. We thought we would have some left for breakfast but well had the cookies instead.

#11: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:30 pm
    ----
Sage makes a big difference with the gravy. I think it's very cool when members get to meet each other like this. There is a good group of people here Very Happy

Joe

#12: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:42 pm
    ----
Sage??? I never thought of it. How much do you use? My wife accuses me of using to much seasonings on things like this.

#13: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 pm
    ----
As much as it takes to satisfy them their taste buds ya got !!!

#14: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 pm
    ----
I like things to have a little zip to em. Some days I might get carried away.
I've never used sage before and am curious how much to start with.

#15: Re: OK....I'm Sold Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 pm
    ----
Sage is one of those seasonings that you kind of have to experiment with. It's kind of like working up a new load. You start out low and work up to just the right amount or you might over power it.

-> Spam-O-Rama