AHH Therapy
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: AHH Therapy Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:01 am
    ----
I've always kinda lusted for a BFR. I've done a bunch of reading on them as well, they are VERY legit hunters and shooters.

You are not helping things any, Mr. One-eleven.

#17: Re: AHH Therapy Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:54 pm
    ----
I've shot quite a few handgun over the years but none of them really turned me on until I played with my brothers S&W 460. But I wasn't impressed with the way the recoil would snap my wrist, stil lots of fun to shoot though. I started looking around to see what else there was that's when I found the BFR I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. The recoil isn't near as bad as everyone thinks, I've shot 44's that were worse.I've put about 400 rounds through it so far and I still get giggly every time I pull the trigger. The revolver in stovepipe's picture is no slouch either.

#18: Re: AHH Therapy Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:10 pm
    ----
I've never shot one but would like to some day and it appeals to me more than the .454 Casull, that round is too high pressure and just too much.
I'd rather have a .480 than a .454 w/ 3/4th's the energy of the Casull and half the pressure.

Hard to beat the good old 45-70 though. It's a do'er and an all arounder.
Not to mention the looks ya get when ya whip it out. Shocked

The pitsol in my pic is our own 'deer snipers' Supreme Hunter. Mine's there right now getting some of that 'treatment'. I'll be looking fwd to some therapy time of my own when 'Boomer' comes back home. Very Happy

#19: Re: AHH Therapy Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 pm
    ----
You should find a way to get your hands on a mangun you will not be disappointed. Everyone that has fired mine one of the funnest guns they have shot. It was hard to pick the caliber, I just decided that if I was going to buy one of the big bastards it might as well be as big as I can handle. I was expecting more recoil, my sons .450 is more like the recoil I was expecting. Even the .450 is not really that bad when you think about the size of the round it shoots.

#20: Re: AHH Therapy Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:12 am
    ----
Copy that Mr. 111.

I'm convinced, and a believer. And my mortgage is in jeapordy! Laughing

She'd make a fine addition to the stables. But for now I'll shoot vicariously though you.

Very Happy

#21: Re: AHH Therapy Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm
    ----
Next time I go out I'll take the video camera. Very Happy

#22: Re: AHH Therapy Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:53 pm
    ----
Oh sure.... rub it in. Razz

#23: Re: AHH Therapy Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:12 pm
    ----
Very Happy

-> General