Duck Hunting
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#16: Re: Duck Hunting Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 pm
    ----
Now you did it. I'm officially jealous.

#17: Re: Duck Hunting Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:29 am
    ----
I'll have to go duck this year

#18: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:42 pm
    ----
There's lots of room out there! It's a big state with good hunting laws and plenty of elbow room.

#19: Re: Duck Hunting Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 pm
    ----
North Dakota's game laws in the 70's sent me directly to Manitoba where Duck and Goose Heaven awaited me.
Spent many entire hunting seasons at Delta Marsh, and west of Delta for Geese.
I hunted Delta in the heydays of Bluebills and Cans.
Will never see hunting like that again.

Now with all of the new laws in Canada, we have been hunting the Wheaton area for ducks, and have good luck, around very nice people.
Only a three hour drive from my house.

My Son Ben won the State Duck Calling Championship last year, and finished in the top 30 at Stuttgart.

At the end of the hunting season last year, we had a freezer full of duck and geese.

Can't wait for Sept.

Eric

#20: Re: Duck Hunting Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 pm
    ----
I'll be enjoying our great duck and goose hunting here in North Dakota this fall. Can't wait. Looks to be an excellent year. Very Happy

#21: Re: Duck Hunting Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:38 am
    ----
two weekends ago I took my 8 year old son and old dog out for a walk along a local beach area 14kms from the city we live in. my 1st 3 shots (kent#2 3") took four canada geese. finished our wee walk with 6 canadas 2 bunnies and a feral cat for 14 shots. yip we got it good too.

#22: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:10 pm
    ----
All reports sound excellent this year.

#23: Re: Duck Hunting Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:18 am
    ----
Hey Wiersy,

Check some of the old posts on this Waterfowl section.

My Son Ben and I posted some pictures of last years hunts.

Good eye candy for the Waterfowl hunter.

Eric

#24: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm
    ----
Cool I check 'em out. This is my son's first swan.

#25: Re: Duck Hunting Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 pm
    ----
That is a nice looking mount.

I have a mature Blue Goose in the freezer waiting for me to mount it.

I am planning on the same pose as your Son's mount.

I hope that I can do half as good of a job as your's.

After July 4th, I can smell duck and goose hunting.

I enjoy deer hunting, but it just doesn't compare to our feathered friends.

Nothing like seeing a marsh wake up in the morning.

Maybe we should consider meeting up this fall for a western Minnesota hunt.

I was also thinking of hitting the Elm Lake WMA in Thief River this year.

I hunted it many years ago.
It was flooded, but with solid ground, so, after paddling across the dikes, a guy could use hip boots and pretty much timber hunt.

Eric

#26: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:23 pm
    ----
Another nice ND morning

#27: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:34 pm
    ----
Here's something unusual I came across.

#28: Re: Duck Hunting Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:27 am
    ----
I saw that happen to a monkey once (in Vietnam). Horrible way to go, I don't care who or what you are!

Cary

#29: Re: Duck Hunting Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 pm
    ----
It's a hell of a way to go. I didn't know a bird could do that. When we found it we stared at it for about 20 minutes in amazement.

#30: Re: Duck Hunting Author: bigJake165Location: Western Oklahoma PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 am
    ----
Sounds like you get some good hunting up there. All I get is western Oklahoma not the greatest duck hunting but when I only have to drive 15 mins to go its not to bad.

-> Waterfowl Hunting